Sales Development Representative- Outbound - Remote 🔥
As an Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR), your primary function is to put our sales team in touch with decision makers at the right companies. You'll be responsible for engaging prospective customers and converting these into sales opportunities that will be handed to and closed by an Ionic Account Executive. You’ll have a direct impact on the expansion of our business and be recognized & rewarded for your success.
In your role you’ll be measured on your ability to:
• Meet and exceed monthly pipeline generation goals
• Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
• Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
• Work closely with Account Executives team to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
• Schedule appointments and demos for Ionic
• Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email as well as appropriate social media channels
• Act as the subject matter expert on product offerings/solution development skills
Your areas of ownership will include:
• Generate new business opportunities to fuel the Ionic’s pipeline
• Understand Ionic’s value proposition and represent our company’s products and services
• Developing sales strategies to draw in potential buyers or to solicit new potential customers
• Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling or responding to inquiries generated marketing.
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
• Work closely with Account Executives to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
• Prospect, research, and profile companies that fit our ideal customer profile
• Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in target accounts
• Handle qualified inbound inquiries
• Engage prospects via cold calling, email, and social touches
• Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• High-Motor + Problem Solver + Coachable
• Positive attitude
• Success with prospecting solutions in Mobile, App Development, and/or Complex Tech
• Learns quickly and is an expert in his/her selling domain
• Self-Starter, unphased by ambiguity, and competitive.
• Excuse Adverse, Disciplined, and Organized
• Motivated by rapid growth opportunities
To qualify for this role, you’ll benefit from having:
• A willingness to contact and sell to people you've never met
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply sales skills to achieve high expectations
• 1-2 years of experience in lead generation, business development, or sales
• Comfortable on the phone, an active listener, and creative problem solver
• Power user of SFDC and SDR cadence management software (Outreach experience preferred)
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated success in meeting monthly targets
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Director of Sales Development
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores -- representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.Show more Show less