Moveon Request For Proposals - Visualization Front-end Developer 🔥
MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Independent contractors)
Project title: Visualization Front-End Developer for Data Storytelling
Submission: Submit toand put "MoveOn Visualization Front-End Developer for Data Storytelling" in the subject line. Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Project begins: Flexible
MoveOn is one of the largest independent progressive advocacy groups in the United States. MoveOn is where millions mobilize for a better society, one in which everyone can thrive. Whether it's supporting a candidate, passing legislation, or changing our national culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future. We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, and justice. And we mobilize together to achieve it.
MoveOn seeks an experienced consultant to help support MoveOn’s Data Storytelling for Progressive Change pilot program by helping develop front-end code for production-quality digital data storytelling experiences that are engaging, emotionally resonant, persuasive, and motivating to MoveOn members and the general public. The final visualizations should be mobile-friendly and accessible. The pilot program aims to produce 2-5 visualizations between the end of 2021 and April of 2022.
Scope of work
Note that any hours given in a scope of work are an estimate and MoveOn does not guarantee a specific number of hours to its contractors.
- Participate in ideation workshops with MoveOn campaigners, communication staff, data scientists, and tech staff to explore data stories.
- In close collaboration with the project director and MoveOn’s in-house engineers, convert prototypes, wireframes, and initial visualization code into production-quality code ready to deploy in a mobile-friendly and accessible manner on MoveOn’s website.
- Estimated 10-30 hours of work per visualization—to be executed over a 1-4 week period, depending on contractor availability and project timeline.
- Previous excellent work in front-end code development for data visualization/data stories,
- Experience with accessibility in data visualization.
- Demonstrated strength in collaboration and communication.
- Strong equity lens, commitment to undoing systemic oppression in society and within workplaces, and skill in navigating complex dynamics around identity.
- Accountability, timeliness, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong desire to support popular movements for progressive change.
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.