Growth Director 🔥
We’re looking for a Growth Director to lead our Growth team who are responsible for inviting some of the world’s top tech entrepreneurs to commit to giving a portion of their exit proceeds to charity. Last year, our growth team raised over $1bn in new pledges for charity, and we’ve already raised more than $1bn in pledges for charity in 2021. Combined with Founders Pledge’s focus on high-impact giving, there are extremely few positions where your growth leadership could have a greater positive impact in the world.
As leader of our global growth team, you’ll set the strategy for our growth efforts across our key global markets, enabling us to maintain a strong growth trajectory for pledge value. Reporting into our Managing Director in San Francisco, you’ll be responsible for both your own pipeline of prospective new members as well as line managing, coaching and mentoring Growth Leads as they aim to hit their own personal targets. You’ll also develop and implement our growth strategy for our newprogram, to bring on-board tech companies anticipating liquidity events, to encourage individual employee giving.
- Set and execute our growth strategy, providing line management, coaching and mentoring for our Europe Growth Lead (based in London), incoming US Growth Lead (based in San Francisco) and Growth Manager (based in New York) to enable high performance.
- Set the overall annual targets for the Growth team as well as for each individual Growth Lead, ensuring they understand how to identify our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and select appropriate pledge products for prospective new members.
- Personally work with prospects to get pledges signed, in-line with your overarching strategy, towards individual and team targets.
- Generate and execute plans for prospecting our ICPs.
- Represent Founders Pledge at dinners, meetings, webinars, conferences and any other setting relevant to bringing in new members and establishing our brand presence in the Bay Area and United States.
- Lead our efforts and strategy to secure commitments to Equity for Impact.
- Represent the Growth Team at the Director level, communicating the needs and achievements of the team as well as ensuring team alignment with business strategy.
- Oversee our established sales process, making improvements where you see fit.
- Strong line management experience and proven experience leading a sales strategy to meet and exceed targets.
- Significant fundraising experience with HNW individuals.
- Experience building relationships with tech founders and HNW investors.
- A proven track record of establishing personal and meaningful relationships with clients.
- A great mix of persistence and empathy in your approach to securing meetings and, ultimately, pledges.
- A drive to inspire evidence-based approaches to philanthropy.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with an ability to adjust style depending on the client.
- Excellent understanding of what makes tech leaders and founders tick and how best to tailor your approach to achieve the best outcomes.