Social Media & Marketing Specialist
Expert knowledge of white-hat SEO tactics, tools and techniques used to grow organic search traffic as well as all SEO factors that influence results including keyword research, on-page content and title tag optimization, long-tail keyword and content strategies, and localized keyword optimization strategies.
Proven ability to capture and maintain top rankings
Experience with tools for SEO/keyword research (google search console, ahrefs, moz, google keyword planner, etc.) and other digital marketing tools like google analytics, Facebook ads manager, etc.
Experience in writing, editing and content strategy for digital experiences
Expert understanding of grammar rules, how to construct clear sentences and how things like flow, readability, and sentence variety influence the quality of content
Experience writing well-researched, interesting, easy-to-read content
Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and evaluate content marketing campaigns
Expert at identifying needs and gaps in content and recommending new topics and keywords
Ability to balance the need for creativity with a data-driven approach to measuring impact and success
Proven track record of growing site traffic through data-driven content marketing strategy
Ability to work within tight deadlines
Ability to write objective evidence-based articles, demonstrating a commitment to the core principles of journalism
Basic understanding of video editing and thorough understanding of Facebook/YouTube live
Design experience, including using adobe creative suite tools
Experience with Wordpress websites
Ability to read and modify html/css and demonstrate proficiency in understanding how they impact SEO
Working knowledge of digital marketing tactics including ppc and email marketing
Working knowledge of html coding
Microsoft office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
G-suite: gmail, google drive, calendar
Basic knowledge of Italian language and culture
Advanced knowledge of pay-per-click advertising (google ads, Facebook ads, etc.)
Experience with email marketing software
Job duties including but not limited to:
Build in-depth knowledge and understanding of Italian American topics, issues and latest developments; interest in being a topical expert and leading authority.
Continue to expand the authoritative, leadership position of the website and organization, as measured by the opinions of professionals in the marketplace.
Plan and develop a multi-media content calendar incorporating user needs, SEO analysis and trends, and site engagement and traffic growth objectives.
Self-create and self-produce all multi-media forms across the content calendar, such as videos, webinars/town halls, checklists, how-to guides, toolkits, polls, press releases, and more
Increase organic search traffic and clicks from desired audiences with solid on/off-page SEO best-practices, optimizing each piece of content to rank well on popular search engines, social media platforms and other distribution channels.
Maintain a consistent pipeline of relevant, timely and engaging content on website and other content channels (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
Create exceptional and well-researched written, visual and audio content with a balance of detail-oriented execution and big picture thinking.
Identify and implement new formats, platforms and other distribution channels to creatively and effectively share content and expand content reach.
Determine what new and existing content types should (and should not) be produced through content gap analysis, content audits and competitive audits.
Research and stay current on the latest developments in search engine optimization, google algorithms, content trends, consumer behavior, etc.
Serve as chief editor of all content, ensuring a consistent voice, tone and style across materials and outlets, in addition to content creation duties.
Manage workflows for content creation, distribution and evaluation.
Monitor & analyze new and existing content performance, provide strategy adjustments based on performance data on a regular basis.
Coordinate to distribute content via social media and email in a strategic and targeted manner to expand reach and results.
Ensure the integrity and functionality of content through regular content audits.
Publish content using the custom cms and other platforms.
Simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Do:
- Lead Branded Content Ideation: Your goal is to create smart, strategic ideas
- You’ll become an expert in all Italian American content and content products, ideate concepts, and deliver flawless write-ups to be integrated into final proposals. You’ll also manage a library of ideas that have been pitched to help with turnkey ideation and thought starters.
- Build and own a multi-channel, strategic thought leadership program, including a robust editorial calendar and cross-functional engagement strategy to transform OSDIA into the #1 search optimized resource for all things Italian/Italian American in the United States.
- Create focused narratives used to increase OSDIA’s visibility as an innovative player and strategic partner with key external audiences and constituents, including identifying and engaging partnerships who can help promote our brand.
- Plan, write, edit and manage development of thought leadership content in various formats for use across a portfolio of owned and earned communications channels, including the blog/website.
- Work across executives and internal teams to synthesize business and product themes for thought leadership messaging, including leveraging diverse expertise to generate new ideas/content.
- Identify opportunities to amplify content via partners, influencers, proprietary events, speaking engagements and social media.
- Maintain a deep and broad knowledge of current issues in the Italian and Italian American culture or major developments that would shape content and thought leadership strategy.
- Set and achieve KPIs and performance metrics to measure impact and assure program success - reach, impressions, message pull-through, SEO, and social engagement.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role with thought leadership development, content creation, strategic communications, messaging and positioning experience.
- Exceptional storytelling skills and demonstrated ability to clearly and compellingly communicate complex ideas; excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a portfolio of writing experience.
- Experience collaborating with designers and visual storytellers in a productive manner to complement the written word.
- Desire to master the latest platforms, experiment with new storytelling and content-creation tools, and apply social media techniques to boost engagement and buzz.
- An innovative thinker who has an understanding of how to integrate thought leadership content across digital and in-person platforms, partnering with domain experts
- Superior management and organization skills, especially the ability to monitor and manage multiple projects and vendors, editorial schedules, and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Success in a highly collaborative, team-oriented business environment, balancing a strong bias for action with the need for cross-functional partnership and integration.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and create high-quality work that delivers quantifiable results
- A bachelor's degree in business, journalism, marketing, or related field