Eastern Sales Director
- Are you attracted to working with a team of people to change an industry through the design, production, sale and distribution of cutting edge and sustainable funeral products?
- Are you passionate about giving people the option to plan their loved one’s funeral in a way that aligns with their values?
- Do you have the skills to help educate an older industry on new ways for consumers to celebrate their loved one’s life?
- Do you have a proven record of growing a business, increasing sales and leading a team to add new clients and new markets?
Passages International is looking for leaders to bring our innovative and green funeral products into new markets. Successful candidates will have a proven record of demonstrating team leadership, growing sales and possessing an affinity for the green and sustainable industries.
Passages International is driving change in an industry ready for disruption and looking for motivated executives with industry experience to execute the vision and lead the company to the next level. The building blocks have been laid and the industry data aligns with our position in the market and products we create.
This position is responsible for the sale of Passages International products throughout a geographic region in the US and for driving the rapid growth of Passages International sales. The main customers are Funeral Homes, Crematories, Cemeteries and Distributors. Included is a pet product line that is sold to Pet Crematories, Cemeteries and Veterinarians.
Passages International, Inc. was founded in 1999, as the now rapidly growing demand for green and natural funerals was in its infancy. Passages is dedicated to providing the best, most sustainable solutions to those seeking environmentally friendly funeral options, including scattering solutions, biodegradable urns, eco-friendly caskets, and dignified cremation containers. We design most of our products and produce many in-house. We stand behind our unsurpassed quality and service and are proud to offer the largest selection of natural funeral products available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets
- Applies knowledge and history with large key account connections in the market
- Achieve the sales objectives of the company using best practices in organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained
- Actively involved with business accounts to provide product orientation, and product training
- Target, manage and develop key accounts to increase account revenue through broadened product line offerings
- Negotiates contracts, closing the sale and developing plans for contract accounts
- Communicates with Customer Service and Inside Sales to effectively coordinate and service key accounts
- Attends trade shows and assists with the planning of sales exhibits.
- Selects and manages new sales team to achieve regional sales objectives
- Develops the sales team through motivation, counseling and product knowledge through education
- Reports to company management on customer comments regarding company products and provides feedback on industry developments or product development opportunities
- Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods for retaining customers and securing new accounts.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business
· Minimum 5 to 8 years field sales experience
· Funeral products related sales with a current list of buyers/contacts
· Experience in NetSuite and/or ERP/CRM systems
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Fully Remote