OVERVIEW OF THE EXECIUTIVE ASSISTANT POSITION AND RELATIONSHIP TO BOARD
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director (ED). The Executive Assistant is responsible for the running and management of NAMA’s office. The Executive Assistant is responsible for NAMA front office communications and organization, including record keeping and note taking for all designated Board and committee meetings. The Executive Assistant works directly with staff and various committees to achieve NAMA’s goals and to promote the good morale of members.
The Board of Directors is responsible for establishing NAMA’s vision, mission and goals; establishing NAMA’s bylaws; and setting policies and protocols that govern the work of the paid staff and the Board itself.
Major Responsibilities of the Position are as Follows:
1) Executive Director Support
a) Attend weekly meetings with ED
b) Attend weekly staff meetings
c) Assist ED in administrative duties as needed
d) Maintain ED’s calendar
2) Board and Committee Support
a) Attend and take minutes at all Board meetings and Committee Meetings as assigned
i) Assure that the minutes are an accurate representation of the actions taken at the meeting(s)
ii) Accurately and succinctly summarize discussions as relevant to the actions and/or decisions made during the meeting
iii) Provide draft minutes to the Board or Committee Chair following any meeting for review and final edits
iv) Maintain the historical log for motions passed by Board of Directors
b) May be assigned to work on special projects for the Board or Committee as approved by the Executive Director
c) Assure all corporate documents are stored appropriately in the AMS and DropBox database in coordination with the ED.
i) Licenses, filings, etc.
ii) Board and committee member signed job descriptions, Conflict of Interest forms, and other necessary documents
iii) Corporate reporting, minutes, passed Board motions summary
iv) Other related support documents, i.e. Board contact information, etc.
3) General Administrative tasks:
a) Assist Executive Director with document updates and formatting as needed
b) Order and manage marketing collateral
c) Order and manage office supplies
d) Manage Zoom calendar with staff and committees
Skills, Education and Experience
The success of the Administrative Assistant is dependent on a strong skill set backed by education and experience.
High school diploma
· Post-secondary coursework in the areas of business and/or administrative support
· Microsoft Word and Excel mastery and Adobe mastery
· Customer Relations Mgmt (CRM) or Association Mgmt System (AMS) database management experience for a minimum of 2 years
· Software such as MailChimp experience for a minimum of 1 year
· Executive Assistant experience for a minimum of 2 years
· Strong note taking and reporting capabilities
· Excellent customer relations
· Experience with membership organizational support
· Experience maintaining CRM database
· Experience maintaining customer database
Skills & Attitudes:
· Highly detail oriented
· Superior level of computer competency: email, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and conference call meeting software ( e.g., zoom)
· Proficiency with Dropbox
· Works well with others
· Able to maintain calmness under pressure
· Follows directions thoroughly and in a timely manner
· Looks for ways to improve processes and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate
· Able to work with varied cultural communities
· Good communication skills both written and oral
· Results oriented
· Effective time management skills; can handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of routine office procedures, inter-organizational and outside communication
POST HIRING CONDITIONS/TRAINING/REQUIREMENTS:
Base rate for 90-day probationary period where employee has time to prove they are competent on the job. Then a performance review will be conducted.