Copywriter - Part time with potential for full time
Jayne Agency, LLC
Job Description: Copywriter (Remote Position) - Part Time with potential for Full Time
Reports to: Creative Director
Are you the master of long- and short-form verbiage? Can you turn strategy and research into sparkling creative? Are you Hendricks-style experienced? Can you spit out a pithy headline and then pivot to naming a new product and present the flippin’ idea? At JAYNE agency, we work with diverse companies to weed out old advertising habits and bring clarity to their brand stories. Our work reroutes the flow of industries and builds new market opportunities through careful attention, enthusiasm and radical honesty. Sound weird? Move along. Sound groovy? Reach out to us.
- Love what you do: Copy and creative development for all client assignments: marketing, advertising, social media, digital, the list goes on
- Participation in strategic sessions, post documentation, deliverables
- Contribution to research - both user, competitive, audits, helping to craft observations, insights and strategic imperatives - if you don’t know what that means are you willing to learn?
- Overseeing and ensuring all copy deliverables assigned to you directly
- Working collaboratively with designers, other copywriters, account management and operations to make sure deliverables happen on time, on budget or that flags are raised early and often
- Delivering the best work to your ability, and when there’s a barrier to that - holler; don’t wait
- Developing junior talent - design and copy interns for the creative team
- Helping to identify new talent as needed
- Wearing a few hats - we are small business so we all need to be flexible
- Be a good Jayne Agency citizen - being mindful and thoughtful that we are virtual, and our culture is unique to our cloud based tools and software
Requirements: No faking.
- 7-10+ Years of Experience writing copy in Branding, Marketing or Advertising (social and digital are greens fees entry)
- Direct experience in developing user centric strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and present to all levels and functions of the organization.
- Not a learning curve. This team is highly proficient, buttoned up, and detail oriented from our Chief Time Officer to our interns to our Creatives.
- The ability to self direct, take direction, lead, follow, collaborate, integrate
- Strong MS Office Skills are needed (PPT, Word, XLS, Project is a PLUS)
- Experience with Google Drive collaborative tools
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- User Centric point of view - the answer to this one is on our website
You'll be a great fit for our team if you:
- Read this job description for real
- Prefer to work remotely and have an odd love of Zoom (We’ve been fully virtual for 5 years, so this isn’t changing any time soon for us)
- Have a love of other’s creative (and hate that you didn’t do what they did)
- Are slightly competitive with yourself
- Are fascinated as to why people do what they do
- Are accountable, and are addicted to other people being accountable
- Believe that OCD is a valued talent
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player
- Have a sense of humor - like, a good one.
- Are an avid Supporter of “LOVE WHAT YOU DO, LOVE WHO YOU WORK WITH and PROSPERITY BREEDS PROSPERITY”.
- Adhere to the values of Collaboration, Accountability, Creativity, Tenacity, and Trust - we’ll ask you about this last one. A few times. Remember, we are user researchers. We have our ways.
In order to be considered for an interview (this is our automagic screening machine):
- Make sure to read instructions all the way through
- Be prepared to submit a portfolio with any work you want - but through digital means
- Demonstrate that you can challenge a creative brief in the name of making it more gooder
- Be able to talk at length about what user centered design and user centered research is
- Talk about how you approach maintaining the customer’s point of view - and the customer’s customer’s point of view in your creative process
- Have 3 questions that would be a good challenge for us
- Don’t send anything ahead, we are allergic to extra work on our part. Just confirm you are ready and able to submit each of these artifacts.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $2,500.00 per month
- Paid time off
- Copywriting, advertising: 6 years (Required)
- Fully Remote