Membership & Content Strategist
High Level Overview of the Job
We’re looking for a results-driven, detail-oriented, full-time, US-based content strategist with membership/subscription platform, YouTube, podcast, social media, and blog experience for a values-driven online intimacy + relationship therapy business.
If you’re wildly creative, enthusiastic, an excellent communicator, and excited to talk about intimacy and relationships all day, we’d love to have you on the team!
We’re launching a membership program in 2021/2022, which you would lead with support from the team. You’ll also manage our content strategy across multiple platforms.
Our Mission and Values
Our company exists to equip people with the tools they need to create extraordinary relationships inside the bedroom and out. We help people bring joy into their relationships and intimate lives by:
- Filling them with inspiration and hope.
- Being vulnerable and transparent about our own stories.
- Obliterating the shame and embarrassment that have been unfairly thrust upon all of us.
- Giving others the practical, actionable, and useful tools that we all deserve to have.
We do this via online courses and membership services, free weekly emails, videos, and podcasts, and community. We believe that everyone is capable and deserving of having an extraordinary intimate life and relationship.
Our company culture is enthusiastic, innovative, empathetic, and a little bit goofy. We have a lot of fun with the work we do, and we’re excited to be one of the first companies in our space.
Our company operates with these five core values:
We are open, honest, and vulnerable - internally and externally.
- We connect with our audience by showing our humanity.
- We share ourselves and our personal stories with our community because we respect the power of sharing and disclosure, and because we know how rare it is to talk about intimacy and relationships openly and honestly.
- We aim for radical candor with each other.
- We communicate with integrity, even when it’s tough.
We always strive for growth.
- We are confident in what we do know and what we have achieved, and we are continuously pushing to be better versions of ourselves, personally and professionally.
- We invest in gaining new skills and knowledge, and we love learning.
- We treat every experience as an opportunity for improvement.
- We celebrate our successes. We refuse to see “failures” as failures; instead, we see them as opportunities for further understanding and improvement.
We approach our business with curiosity and creativity.
- We never assume we know everything.
- We actively gather feedback internally and from our audience.
- We are always open to hearing other’s opinions, even if we don’t immediately agree with them.
- We are constantly looking for new or unique solutions. We like to think outside of the box.
- No idea is a bad idea. Everyone’s opinion is valid and worthy.
We work with intentionality.
- We consciously and thoughtfully plan our work - from our daily tasks to our long-term projects.
- We use both data and intuition to guide our decisions.
- We review the game tape. We reflect on what worked and what didn’t, and adjust our plans accordingly.
We serve our audience to the best of our abilities.
- We exist to provide practical tools to help people have exceptional relationships and intimate lives.
- We give away the vast majority of our work for free, because we believe all people are deserving of these resources.
- We believe that work is important, but shouldn’t be all-consuming. We don’t believe in hustling. We work smarter, not harder, and highly value having fulfilled lives outside of work.
- Ownership of our new membership program, in collaboration with the team for content. Includes organizing content, identifying
customer journeys, technical setup, and launch strategy. We’re so excited about this new project, and we want you to run with it!
- Developing a detailed and organized content strategy across our
YouTube, podcast, social media, blog, and membership platform. Help us identify what types of content work best on each platform, and what should be behind and in front of the paywall, while maintaining a consistent brand voice across all platforms.
- Creating and maintaining a content schedule, and coordinating with team members to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Keyword research and strategy for YouTube, podcast, and blog. How do we make our content so irresistible people can’t help but click?
- CTA strategy for YouTube and podcast.
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest developments in SEO, content trends, and consumer behavior.
- Lead magnet (opt-in) strategy.
- Drafting YouTube and podcast episode outlines and show notes. Coordinating and organizing the production aspects of YouTube and podcast video and audio editing.
- Conducting regular content audits. Identifying older content that needs updating to meet new content standards and working with our team to make it happen.
- Researching new topics for us to cover, and consulting on course creation.
Skills and Experience
You’re a true strategist at heart with the track record to prove it. You have experience working with membership or subscription platforms and content strategy. (Minimum 3 years in a similar role. Bonus points if you’ve launched a brand new membership/subscription program before.) You know how to optimize our content across various platforms, package it up in an irresistible way, and keep our audience begging for more.
You’re exceptionally detail-oriented. You’re excited to take the vast library of content that we already have and transform it into a well-oiled machine.
You also know how to stay meticulously organized, prioritizing and managing multiple projects with different team members at one time.
You’re a storyteller at heart. You can look at one of our comprehensive courses and figure out creative ways to break the content into more digestible, bite-sized podcast episodes, mini-courses, or lead magnets.
You’re an excellent writer with impeccable spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. And you're witty too!
You love working with remote/distributed teams, and you’re an open and honest over-communicator. You have experience with and a desire to work autonomously and remotely. (We trust you to be an adult!)
You may blush every now and then, but you’re excited to work with intimacy and relationships. If you’ve personally explored these topics, that’s a plus. You’re thrilled to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Bonus points for familiarity with online courses.
(This is our tech stack - you don’t need to have experience with all of these, but we’d want you to be comfortable learning about and using these systems)
Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs)
Apple Podcast Connect
Membership Platforms (Tribe, Mighty Networks, etc.)
Generous pay commensurate with experience
Work from home
Flexible full-time hours
Unlimited vacation with manager approval
Maternity and Paternity leave
Free access to our courses
Where are you located?:
Instead of a cover letter, please record a 2-minute video explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position and why you’d love to work for our business. Email your video to us, see instructions below! (Note: The video doesn’t need to be fancy at all. A selfie video with your phone is perfect.)
If you had to describe your working style and/or core values in just five words, which words would you pick and why? ( Just give us a sentence or two for each!)
Describe one of your proudest achievements in terms of content strategy or building/growing a membership. What did you do and why was it successful?
Email your completed application (with all the pieces described above) to info @ vmtherapy . com with the subject line “I’m the one you’ve been looking for!”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Content strategy: 3 years (Required)
- Membership platform: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote