Marketing and Communications Manager
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: HQ Global Marketing and Communications Manager
Industry: Non-Profit/International Development
Function: Communications and Marketing
Job Location: US – Remote
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative international non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
Build Change is the recipient of multiple awards, including a 2017 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship, OpenIDEO Urban Resilience Challenge Winner, and was a top three finalist in IBM’s inaugural Call for Code Developer Challenge in 2018.
To learn more about us and our programs in Indonesia, Colombia, Philippines, Nepal and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
You will lead the development and execution of Build Change’s annual communications and marketing plans in collaboration with the executive team and field leadership. This will include the development and coordination of a communications calendar, including the regular engagement of our key audiences, the securing and preparation of speaking events for key staff and leadership, and regular dissemination of information on our programs and successes. You will grow and manage Build Change's community of supporters across social channels and platforms and advise your peers within our country programs by providing them with innovative communications materials and strategies. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with counterparts in supporting foundations and corporate partners.
You are prepared to creatively manage Build Change's marketing assets, including: website, social media accounts and content, Annual Report, quarterly newsletters, appeals, success stories, promotional videos and other outreach materials. Additionally, you have inventive ideas to contribute for Build Change’s various fundraising events.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- an innovative approach to marketing that leads to an increase in followers and donors, and strong brand recognition
- outstanding interpersonal skills, a high energy level, and an ability to speak persuasively in front of large and small groups
- superior, professional and versatile writing, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to adapt based on audience
Your experience includes:
- 3-5 years in a similar professional position with a proven track record of successful marketing and communications activities
- facility with websites, social media platforms and metrics for tracking communication effectiveness
You are able to:
- work independently, including some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed
- speak passionately about Build Change’s mission
You would describe yourself as:
- optimistic, flexible, humble, patient, and having a good sense of humor
- pro-active, self-motivated, and able to work independently while also contributing fully as a team member
- fluent in English
And maybe you also:
- have worked in the Caribbean, Latin America, Asia or emerging nations
- have experience in international development
- understand basic engineering and construction principles
- speak Spanish, French or any of the languages spoken in our program countries