Communications / Technical Assistant
Communications / Technical Assistant Job Description
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. (SAQA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and elevate the art quilt genre. Over the past 32 years, SAQA has grown into a dynamic and active community of nearly 4,000 artists, curators, collectors, and art professionals located around the world. With our exhibitions, resources, publications, and membership opportunities, we seek to increase the public's appreciation for the art quilt and to support our members in their artistic and professional growth.
SAQA is seeking a part-time (25-30 hours/week) Communications / Technical Assistant to join our fun and creative team. This position will provide technical and administrative support relating our programs, virtual events, and online resources.
· Assist with administration and technical support of member opportunities (including calls for entry, virtual events, online groups, and regional events)
· Maintain relevant databases, use reporting tools, and update website content
· Provide customer service and technical support to our members, volunteers, and staff
· Collaborate with staff and volunteers on the creation of virtual content and communication materials.
· Support marketing initiatives by helping create content that promotes interaction, increases presence, and encourages participation
· Experience with website administration and end-user support (Drupal or Wordpress).
· Strong computer knowledge of cloud-based storage platforms, and other online tools (Neon CRM, Formstack, Mailchimp, Airtable experience a plus)
· Familiarity with graphic design programs (Photoshop and other Adobe products) and image manipulation tools.
· Experience with Zoom and other online video-conferencing programs
· Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet quick deadlines with little supervision.
· Ability to troubleshoot issues and quickly learn new technical skills/platforms
· Ability to interact and effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- This is a remote position which requires a computer and access to a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Compensation is $20-22/hour, based on experience.
- For tax reasons, this position requires residency in the United States.
Send resume and letter of interest to. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.