GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
While this job posting uses “El Segundo, CA” as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
GoGuardian is looking for a talented copywriter with an eye for detail, a strong sense of urgency, and endless curiosity to join our marketing team. We’re a close-knit remote team that thrives on collaboration and creates harmony from our individual talents; fostering creative and professional growth.
*Work samples required with submission*
What You’ll Do
- Write and edit copy for a variety of media, including email, landing pages, blogs, social media, sales materials, and classroom resources
- Contribute to team brainstorms and strategic planning sessions for editorial and content work
- Edit and collaborate on copy development with people across the organization and outside contributors to assess tone, accuracy, clarity, consistency and overall effectiveness
- Write and edit within guidelines for brand voice, tone, inclusion, and messaging for distinct brands encompassing multiple SaaS products
- Develop and edit copy that respectfully and appropriately discusses topics such as mental health, suicide, bullying, and violence, utilizing best practices established by leading organizations and mental health experts
- Consciously develop and edit content to ensure accurate and inclusive best practices when discussing diversity, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality, disability, religion, and socioeconomic status
- Develop an understanding of our audiences and the content that moves them to action at each stage of the marketing funnel
- Research and suggest content topics that align with brand values, marketing goals, and relevance to our audiences
- Take projects from ideation to completion in collaboration with team members and outside contributors
- Coordinate and conduct interviews for content sourcing and expert insight on key topics
Who You Are
- Excellent editing skills, including proficiency in both giving and receiving constructive feedback
- 2 years copywriting experience
- Working knowledge of AP Style; stays updated on appropriate guidelines for inclusivity
- Productively engages in interactions that promote diversity, inclusion, and equity, and is constantly learning in those areas
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business-critical needs and deadlines
- High level of urgency and adaptability when priorities shift
- Strong strategic thinking skills, self-motivation, curiosity, and eagerness to share ideas
- Knowledge of Google Suite
- Bonus if you have: Experience developing marketing content that supports communication goals. Working understanding of SEO principles and keyword research. Experience writing and editing content for an education organization, edtech company, and/or SaaS company. Comfort with technology tools for project management (e.g. Wrike) and/or communication (e.g. Hangouts & Slack)
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes and guided meditation
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest-growing edtech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.