CODEPINK’s Engagement Manager is responsible for communication with our community of activists, supporters, potential donors, volunteers, and the rest of the staff. This will entail managing the CODEPINK infobox, shopify website, social media DMs, as well as a list of exterior sites to engage new or recurring supporters, and involve them in the peace movement. The manager will work closely with campaigners to support volunteer tasks, and the volunteers who are engaged with our work for peace.
- Communication: answer messages on the infobox, respond to messages on the website, respond to social media direct messages and comments, and send staff reminders
- Manage the CODEPINK store: process orders, communicate with customers, create shipping labels, order new shirts, write store product promos that can be included in weekly eblast PS’s, and manage the Shopify website
- Radio Show Management: email campaigners reminders to fill out the run of show, send the run of show to the radio stations, upload the radio show to Anchor and Audioport, update the CODEPINK website
- Manage the volunteers: connect with campaigners to see what work they need help with, give volunteers new tasks, keep track of volunteer hours, write welcome emails to new volunteers, and host the monthly Salon for volunteers, donors and Peacemakers
- Manage newer Blogging and Social Media websites: post PinkTank articles, petitions, and alerts onto different platforms such as LinkedIn, Medium, and WordPress; use Meltwater to generate reports; engage with new followers and redirect them to CODEPINK, find new outlets to expand reach
- Manage social media and support of the Feminist Foreign Policy Project
- Well-organized: Has the ability to multitask, manage a group of volunteers, and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to self-direct: Ability to take on tasks and manage them without having to be directed by others
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to speak and write ideas clearly and persuasively, respond well to feedback, and work with the team
- Problem-solving skills: Able to identify any problems and offer creative solutions
- Tech-savvy: Able to maintain and expand CODEPINK presence on multiple social media platforms, and find new ones to expand CODEPINK’s reach
Salary: $18 per hour
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.