Program Coordinator (Data & Research)
is a web-based platform that allows the public searching for high-quality addiction treatment to locate and compare facilities. ATLAS includes trustworthy, standardized quality data on the services available and feedback on the services reported by other patients. ATLAS helps the public navigate to better quality care and supports providers in quality improvement efforts.
The core mission of Shatterproof is to reverse the addiction crisis in America and to serve patients and families. ATLAS fulfills Shatterproof’s goal of leveraging quality measures to increase transparency in and encourage improvements to addiction treatment. It is based upon Shatterproof’sand stems from the work of the Shatterproof .
ATLAS collects facility-level data from multiple, validated sources. Data from these sources is displayed in public-facing dashboards that allow for easy comparison between facilities. Moreover, ATLAS promotes quality improvement by offering password-protected portals for facilities, payers, and states to view and use the data to drive quality improvement and innovations in the field.
ATLAS is currently live in six states (DE, LA, MA, NC, NY, WV), and is expanding to additional states in 2021. Shatterproof works closely with many addiction treatment stakeholders, including provider and medical organizations, payers, and recovery advocates, to ensure a successful and collaborative implementation.
ATLAS is an initiative overseen by the National Treatment Quality Initiatives Team, composed of operational, research, and state engagement staff, who work in NYC or remotely.
The National Treatment Quality Initiatives Team at Shatterproof seeks a Program Coordinator to support on efforts for National Treatment Quality Initiatives program, including multi-state data gathered from addiction treatment providers and research projects. This position can be entirely remote.
The Program Coordinator (Data & Research) will support the data team in coordinating efforts related internal and external research projects, continuous survey collection, data management, and data analysis for the TreatmentATLAS.org platform. This work includes supporting other staff and contractors in management of the data system used to house these data. In addition to data collected specifically for ATLAS, the Program Coordinator will also work on efforts to incorporate external and other data sources (e.g., publicly available data sets) into our work to contextualize findings and in the ATLAS data dashboards. This position will work collaboratively with a data analytics contractor and will be supervised by the Director of National Treatment Quality Initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate specific research and data efforts prioritized by the National Treatment Quality Initiatives Team, including survey deployment, technical assistance, and research projects
- Support in efforts related to the ATLAS data system and databases. Collaborate with technical staff on effective, long-term data management processes.
- Support in documenting process and protocols for research, data management, and analyses, including sources of information, project scopes, timelines, procedures used, data collection methods, research and analysis plans.
- Support in the tracking and resolution of any data management issues as needed.
- Perform some statistical analyses in alignment with program goals and objectives.
- Prepare and present reports and visualizations, summaries, analyses, and publications of survey data, including tables, graphs, and fact sheets that describe data collection process and results. Aid in data-driven storytelling as appropriate.
- Perform other coordination and support tasks for the data team as assigned.
- Minimum of 1+ years of work experience in research and/or data analysis and management
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, public health, mathematics, or related behavioral or social science fields is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare quality improvement initiatives, such as quality measure development, rating systems, and analyses. Knowledge of the substance use disorder treatment system a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with large data sets and data management
- Ability to perform statistical analyses using statistical programs
- Knowledge of data visualization software Power BI preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail, especially in documenting program processes and progress
- Ability to balance multiple complex workstreams and to adapt in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Shatterproof is a national nonprofit dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States.
Addiction is the most significant health crisis in the United States today.
For the 20.4 million adults in America with a substance use disorder (SUD), the devastation caused by the disease can be crushing. In 2018, more than 175,000 deaths in the U.S. were related to alcohol and other drugs – the third largest cause of death in the nation. Of those deaths, 47,000 were from an opioid overdose. The opioid crisis also cost society an estimated $179 billion to $696 billion in 2018 alone. These impacts are felt across a broad swath of society, from health care to employers to the government.
Even more tragic, the social isolation and anxiety brought on by COVID-19 has made the addiction crisis that much worse. Addressing this health crisis is more important now than ever. Recent reporting indicates that overdoses in May 2020 were 42% higher than in May 2019.
Founded by hospitality executive Gary Mendell in 2013, Shatterproof draws from the extensive business experience of its senior leadership and uses a for-profit, ROI-focused lens to create results. Our strict commitment to science, evidence-based solutions, and transformational change has informed the business plan we execute daily. Our business plan includes work within the following three key pillars:
1. Revolutionizing the treatment system.
We are transforming the healthcare delivery system so that every person facing addiction has access to quality care and treatment based on science.
2. Breaking down addiction-related stigmas.
Addiction is a treatable disease, not a weakness. By changing people’s attitudes and behaviors, we’re reducing the shame in order to encourage patients to seeking life- saving treatment, and providing reassurance, compassion, and support for a full and fulfilling life.
3. Supporting and empowering our communities.
We are providing science-based educational resources that aid in the prevention, treatment and recovery of addiction, while building hope, confidence and resiliency within families and communities, and advocating for life-saving policies.
Shatterproof’s growth and achievements are a testament to our investors and the growing number of stakeholders and communities rising up against addiction. Together, we can reverse this health crisis and create a better and brighter future, free from the disease of addiction and the stigma that surrounds it.
For more information, please visit.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample towith subject line “[Name] ATLAS Program Coordinator (Data and Research) Application.” Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.