Senior Data Scientist Manager , US Remote Option
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to redefine insurance. There is a lot to be done.
WHO YOU ARE : As a talented Senior Data Science Manager for Guidewire, Your responsibilities will include:
- Directly leading a team of Data Scientist and ML Engineers, with team members based both in the San Mateo head office and remote
- Making data-driven decisions and defining success criteria for your projects, and ensuring that these are met
- Mentoring your team in the latest data science and ML engineering techniques
- Working with product managers and engineering to design, scope and implement our analytics platform, data products, modeling pipelines and models
- Working alongside and communicating with other teams, including actuaries, modelers and data analysts
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts effectively, including the use of appropriate visualizations, for technical and non-technical audiences
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Compute Science, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics) or bachelor degree
- 8+ years of industry experience building and architecting data driven systems, analyzing data, and building and testing ML models in a production environment with proven business impact; 2+ years leading projects or as a manager
- Understanding of ML and ML engineering techniques
- Ability to scope, plan and execute given business use cases
- Coding and mentoring ability in Python or R, and SQL
- Demonstrated ability in architecture, data analysis and communication
- A growth attitude at the personal and team level
- Proficiency in AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker), Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spark, Kafka, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience in InsurTech, FinTech, and/or P&C domain knowledge
About GuidewireGuidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or . If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.