New Business Development Manager
Kao Specialties Americas LLC (KSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kao Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Kao Corporation is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets personal hygiene, laundry, food, cosmetic, and specialty chemical products. The majority of the global product lines are based on surface-active agents or “surfactant” chemistries. KSA is a specialty chemicals manufacturing company with three major business segments (1) Oleo Chemicals, (2) Performance Chemicals and (3) Specialty Chemicals including Imaging Materials and Aroma Chemicals.
KSA is currently recruiting for a New Business Development Manager. This is a challenging position, responsible for the sales within the assigned business unit and new business development with a focus on Kao Eco friendly products and technologies in U.S. market. Implementation of marketing, technical service and sales programs that optimize utilization of resources from the company.
- Managing sales development process from conception to commercialization.
- Work closely with new and existing customers to determine their needs / requirements and make recommendation for various solutions KSA can offer their business.
- Expand sales in assigned market segments.
- Develop and execute appropriate sales strategy based on customer and technical requirements.
- Collect and provide market analysis to guide and support sales / R&D directions.
- Create call reports, financial and technical documents for customer proposals.
- Develop with Business Manager short-term and mid-term business plan and budget.
- Overnight travel approximately 30% - 50%.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Position requires 10 years prior work experience in technical sales / marketing in specialty chemicals
- Experience in business development in a variety of chemical domains such as surfactants, adhesives / sealants, lubricants, silicone surfactants.
- Demonstrated expertise stewarding new products from bench through customer technical trials to full commercialization.
- Ability to function independently to advance the sales process from beginning to end and show resilience when faced with obstacles.
- Strong technical, analytical, and account leadership skills and familiarity with marketing, sales, and business development concepts.
- Established network of contacts in specialty chemical markets.
KSA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, and savings plan.
http://chemical.kao.com/us/ KSA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Technical sales in specialty chemicals: 10 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place