Web Development Instructor
Web Development Instructor
The YWeb Instructor works directly with the YWCA Allentown team to create a syllabus outline and curate external content sources to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality. This contract position will design and develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. This is a paid, remote, contract position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply tested and proven educational techniques and instructional design theories, philosophies, practices, and methods to help design a first-in-class syllabus that teaches current concepts in Frontend Web Development.
- Develop exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Collaborate with YWebCA’s Curriculum team to identify audience’s training needs, craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience, enhances retention and knowledge transfer.
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible units and modules.
- Curate external material to supplement our current Frontend curriculum.
- Collaborate with YWebCA’s Curriculum team to author high-quality projects that are worthy of being part of a learner's portfolio.
- Propose updates to existing material to reflect current standards in Frontend Development.
- Review newly produced content and provide targeted feedback.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform ambiguous tasks with little or without guidance and support and the ability to suggest actions without having all the information
Position Requirements or Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Professional experience or training as a Frontend or Full-Stack developer
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- At least three years of related work experience highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledgeable with libraries such as Bootstrap and Material UI
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Bilingual, Spanish/English, strongly preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Instructional Designer/Program Developer
Independent Contractor; paid bi-weekly
As required (Approximate 25 hours/wk)
$15,000 for a 15-week contract