Junior Expert Programme Coordination*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. Initial employment location will be Bonn, Germany. As soon as the corona situation allows, the work location will be moved to New Delhi, India.
As Junior Expert Programme Coordination you will provide direct support to the Country Director for the further development of our programmes and projects in India on the basis of the specified content, time and financial framework. Furthermore, you will support the communication of Welthungerhilfe's work within the projects, with partners in Germany and abroad.
- Coordinate the further development of the programme and potential funding opportunities
- Provide support in the assessment and formulation of concept notes and proposals for donor funding opportunities
- Contribute to the preparation of regular reports on the project's implementation status and local developments
- Support the drafting, translation and editing of project reports in English and German
- Facilitate coordination with Welthungerhilfe's country offices and implementing partners in the planning and implementation of national, regional and global interventions
- Facilitate knowledge management for the India country office and implementing partners
- Assist the Communication Officer in documenting case studies and success stories as well as handling international media queries
- Support the MEAL Officer in data management (including ProMIS) and the roll-out of the complaints and response mechanism at country office and partner level
- Monitor the implementation of projects and ensure conceptual and strategic development and backstopping
- Handle communication with agencies in German when required
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or a related field
- First job-related experience in international development and/or humanitarian aid
- Work experience outside of Europe (e.g. various internships) is desirable
- Initial knowledge of and interest in the humanitarian/development sector
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Strong intercultural competence and willingness to work in a multinational team
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and German language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.