Service Account Manager
Are you looking to join a dynamic team of professionals providing high-level service and support to our dealers, on-site service providers, and end-users? Roland DGA is looking for a Roland Care Engineer to support hardware repair and some software troubleshooting, to ensure a positive customer experience. In this vital role, you will work on a team of escalated support engineers, managing support escalations, technician virtual shadowing, onsite shadowing and training of technicians. Ideal candidates will have large format inkjet service experience. Excellent written and verbal communications are required, and bi-lingual is a plus. Travel time up to 40% may be required
Join the Roland DGA Family
Roland DGA Corporation is the U.S.-based marketing, distribution and sales arm of Roland DG Corporation of Hamamatsu, Japan, a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, fine art, vehicle graphics, UV, photography, engraving and 3D modeling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. We are a nine-time winner of the Top Work Place Award in Orange County, offer a creative, team-oriented environment and a competitive compensation package, including continuing education and 401k match.
Reporting to the Roland Care Manager (RCM), the Roland Care Engineer will focus on the customer experience and satisfaction by working close with the servicing engineers to make the repair experience a positive event. They will maintain ownership of escalated cases, working with the servicing engineers and users directly to expedite solutions for issues our customers are experiencing. The Roland Care Engineer will also be responsible for assisting with the creation and posting of Service information through the Training Administrator/Web Site Developer to be posted on both internal and public locations. The Roland Care Engineer will be responsible for tracking, reporting, and developing new processes to improve the levels of service and customer support through our Dealer and Roland Care Onsite Service providers.
The position will also act as an escalation point for issues from the Roland Care Support Group and Regional Sales Manager (RSM), working with all teams at Roland to develop solutions and/or communicate issues to Roland DG.
The Roland Care Engineer will also be responsible for all aspects of Support investigation and documentation of field service visits to assist in the creation of knowledge material that can be posted by the Training Administrator/Web Site Developer team. A key function of the position will be the shadowing and training of Dealer Service Engineers and Roland Care Onsite Service Engineers, teaching the way Roland expects Service to be performed.
This position may require travel to investigate and/or assist in developing solutions for issues with a possibility of local or remote travel up to 40% per month.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Tier 3 support case management on all Roland products. This will include direct support via phone, email and scheduled onsite visits. Able to work in a call center setting with call routing and queues.
- Communication with the sales team to inform and develop solutions for our customers
- Scheduled onsite shadowing of Dealer Engineers and Roland Care Onsite Service Engineers to provide guidance and training in the field.
- Identifies training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses of a region, Dealer Engineer, or Roland Care Service Engineer. Provides these insights to the Training Administrator/ Web Developer.
- Ability to present, as a trainer, in a classroom setting.
- Communicates relevant Service information and recommendations to internal resources.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Sales, Customer Service, and customers during case escalations to ensure that proper communication is logged into the system.
- Attends dealer and corporate events to represent Roland DGA and assist Marketing and Sales teams.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for an assigned product line, region, or business priority.
- Assists with incoming communication from key dealers and Roland Care Onsite Services to ensure cases are actively managed.
- Creates onboarding procedures and implements training for new and current dealers, and Roland Care Onsite Service Engineers, ensuring adherence to Service Policies.
- Reports monthly on Service visits performed with Dealer Engineers and Roland Care Onsite Service Engineers, and provides recommendations to Management for methods of improving
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Customer Satisfaction - Develops methods for improvement to reduce customer complaints and increase customer satisfaction scores.
- Standard support center call metrics from phone system.
- Escalated support case aging - Reducing the length of time the customer is delivered a solution.
- Reduced repair costs - Through mentoring and training field service best practices, contribute to an effort to reduce our field repair costs while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- First time fix rate – work collaboratively to implement changes to our field services to help increase our first-time fix rate.
- Solutions creation – quality of reported new solutions documented in SalesForce.com case closures.
Education/Certification: B.A. or B.S. degree or a related area preferred
Advanced degrees, industrial or specialized marketing training a plus
- Electromechanical knowledge required
- Ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner
- Extensive knowledge of Roland device repair and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of product training and instruction
- Analytical and investigative skills for product issue diagnosis
- Familiarity with Roland software packages and understanding of Roland internal systems, such as Salesforce (SFDC), SharePoint, ImagiNET, Roland DG Academy online, is a plus
- Experience with Roland Products and software packages
- Technical working experience with design software and applications
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in Salesforce
- Outstanding PC skills, including a strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Strong service training and development skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with outstanding responsiveness, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and cognitive reasoning skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to on time completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Works well independently and is self-motivated
- Familiarity with existing market vendors, manufacturers, consultants, competitors is a plus
- High energy & commitment
- Applicant should have the ability and desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and with a fast paced/growing company. A desire to grow one’s own skills, knowledge, and position through dedication and experience
- Proactive problem solving
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Wide Format Printing: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19