O+ Festival Wellness Director
Launched in 2010 in Kingston, NY by a small group of artist-activists, doctors, and a dentist, O+ Festivals are weekend long events that bring muralists, musicians and performers, art shows, and movement workshops into a community. In exchange, these artists receive a variety of health services donated by doctors, dentists and complementary care providers at the O+ Wellness Clinic. Entering into its 12th year, O+ has developed to include year round programming, such as mural tours, education, and public health forums with intention to have more of a year round presence in the years to come. O+ builds resilient communities that emphasize the equally important roles of art, music, and wellness. Our values are radical, compassionate, creative and we aim to center these values in all we do.
This position will envision and coordinate our year round exchange for artists and musicians in addition to building the clinic at O+ Festivals. You want to envision a different system of care with O+.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Year round Wellness Exchange Program
- Envision, with the core team, O+ year round wellness exchange
- Follow up with O+ alumni regarding health and wellness questions
- Work with the O+ team to identify alumni needs for care
- Help build and develop ongoing alumni practitioner relationships
- Pop Up Clinic at O+ Festivals
- Develop intake and follow up processes for all clinic participants, ensuring privacy of all patients.
- Determine clinic space and coordinate logistics.
- Work with music, art and volunteer committees to gather data on anticipated clinic attendance and special needs.
- Coordinate with various practitioner managers (complementary, nurse, dental, medical) to ensure adequate coverage for festival participants and volunteers.
- Coordinate advanced outreach to all clinic participants to ensure adequate understanding of the clinic process.
- Identify volunteer needs and manage clinic volunteers responsible for intake, scheduling, and other clinic operations.
- Ensure proper clinic set-up, break-down and clean-up.
- Create and adhere to a timeline.
- Provide wrap-up report for debrief after festival.
Please note- Kingston 2021 Festival clinical coordination team is already in place. This role will observe and support during the 2021 Festival.
- Wellness Spokesperson
- Be an advocate for O+ Wellness along with other stakeholders
- Work with the Sponsorship team to be a liaison between health sponsors and O+
- Manage and execute external online communications related to wellness, including social media, emails, and our website
- Coordinate and host the O+ Radio Hour on a monthly basis
- Provide content for publicity materials related to wellness programing
- Handle public relations, field wellness related press inquiries
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You’re a medical professional. Maybe you’re a nurse, nurse practitioner, doctor, health navigator or related to the health field in another direct way
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills
- Work collaboratively both with a small team and with a diverse group of people
- Consistent follow through and detail oriented
- Swiftly prioritize and multitask
- Work independently and have a willingness to learn
- Enjoy identifying areas of improvement and thinking through solutions
- Competency with computers, technology, Google Suite, e-mail, Slack, etc.
- Cultural competency
- Have an interest in principles and new economic systems.
MORE ABOUT THE RO+LE
O+ is moving to a model of shared leadership and your responsibilities will shift based on these discussions.
We hope this will eventually be a full time role, though there’s space for a candidate to come in at part time now if you prefer. O+ recognizes that you may need flexibility in your work schedule and need to work from home at times. We are in the process of moving to a flat compensation model in which all staff members are compensated at the same hourly rate. This equates to approximately $58,240 for a full time position, or $28 an hour. Please note, salary negotiations won’t be a part of the hiring process as a result of this flat structure. This position includes paid time off, Sabbatical, and health benefits.
We believe that art, music, and wellness should be inclusive and accessible. O+ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being an organization that is inclusive and equitable for all. This commitment aligns with our ongoing work to dismantle structures of racism and oppression within our organization and work, which we expect all team members to participate in. We actively seek applicants from many backgrounds, including but not limited to people with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ people, formerly incarcerated people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds.
Candidates should send a resume, and a cover letter addressed to Holly Kelly by July 10, 2021. Please put “Your Name, Wellness Director” in the subject line and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please let us know how the mission of O+ is reflected in your work or values, and what unique qualities you would bring to O+ as the Wellness Director.