Lead Technical Project Manager
LOCATION: Remote within the US
Daily Kos is the nation’s largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of highly engaged supporters, we’re building progressive power by connecting grassroots activists to hundreds of people-powered organizations and campaigns.
We are seeking an experienced and results driven Lead Technical Project Manager to help guide the development process at the Daily Kos. You will be hands-on and will actively collaborate with a team of 11 to guide projects, implement best practice solutions, champion the elimination of technical debt, and translate requirements into delivered products. Applicants must be self-motivated, efficient, and capable of delivering results with limited guidance.
Our offices are in Oakland, CA and Washington D.C., however, we are open to fully remote applicants.
- Lead and support project team and manage activities in the project life-cycle
- Own and drive critical engineering programs and initiatives that span across the entire technology and services teams
- Partner with internal stakeholders to deliver high quality product releases in suitable time frames
- Identify and address inefficiencies and delays in a timely manner
- Establish project structure from conception to execution, while refining any ambiguity in scope and proactively working to resolve any miscommunications
- Effectively communicate cost benefit analysis of project timelines to the leadership team
- Actively participate in creation of engineering roadmap
- Manage, mentor, and grow the skill sets of project team staff
- Evangelize best practices internally and externally
- At least 8 years experience in an engineering capacity
- 7+ years working with an engineering team
- 7+ years of relevant technical project management experience in building platforms and working with Linux operating systems
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Experience building agile processes and managing release schedules
- Experience with large and complex code bases, utilizing API design techniques to help keep code clean and maintainable
- Ambitious spirit and focus on delivering value into customers hands with excellent communication
- Focused on data-driven decision making and learning by experimentation
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Excellent communication skills, primarily in a virtual work environment
- Familiarity with the Daily Kos application and commitment to become a platform expert
- Willingness to travel occasionally for events or retreats
Salary Range: $120,000 - $135,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Vice President of Engineering. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, professional development stipend, company-paid holidays, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Daily Kos does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee.