Senior Systems Reliability Engineer
Be sure to review our and to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
As a member of the team you will...
- Drive continual improvement in monitoring, configuration management, instrumentation and automation with the primary goal to maintain highly scalable and reliable services worldwide
- Knowledge of networking concepts and application protocols, especially TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP/S and DNS
- Some experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, etc)
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows/Linux system administration at scale.
- Preferred - BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Service Reliability/Operational experience running large scale high performance systems & Internet services
- You can write reliable and understandable code in Python or other languages.
- You aim to always be learning new things, working in new spaces and share this passion with those around you
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Handle Tier 3 escalation for production issues