Product Support Associate
Girls Who Code (“GWC”) is seeking a Part-Time, Temporary Product Support Associate for May to September to support the development and maintenance of Product support resources and management of support channels.
As a Product Support Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the Product Team’s work by ensuring a superior experience for all users of our digital platform: HQ. Girls Who Code HQ is the official platform for the Girls Who Code programs. HQ is where our members can find Girls Who Code’s unique computer science curriculum, coding activities, and more. By supporting our HQ users, you can ensure they have the best experience possible learning to or teaching someone to code, and help us close the gender gap in technology. In this role, you will have the opportunity to observe the product development process and learn more about agile methodologies.
You will assist with multiple facets of Product support including, but not limited to: developing high quality knowledge bases and FAQs for product features, troubleshooting user reported product issues, creating bug reports when necessary, coordinating user feedback interviews.
- Support User Acceptance Testing of new features. Create bug reports when necessary.
- Respond to user inquiries to the [email protected] email through Zendesk ticketing system.
- Support in the coordination and scheduling of user research interviews in the month of June.
- Revamp the first time user Getting Started and Program Preview resources as well as Zendesk support articles to better represent how the platform and programs have evolved. Diligently use the Zendesk tagging system to track recurring problems so the information can be reported to the Product team.
- Work with additional support team members by creating documentation of new features for internal staff to provide product support. When additional assistance is needed respond to queries in the #hq-support slack channel.
- Support Summer Program Teaching Staff by responding to product related questions via Slack Help integration.
- Prior experience doing user or customer support for a digital platform (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and with ease
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with kindness, both verbally and in writing and to adapt language based on the technical knowledge of the user.
- Decision Making Skills – take logical steps to diagnose a problem, able to break down complex issues into manageable tasks
- Strong procedural writing skills
- Experience working independently on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently and with a sense of urgency and meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.