We are seeking a development professional who can serve as a wholehearted member of our team on a contracted, part-time basis. Responsibilities will include:
● Researching individual donor prospects and creating profiles of those who have the capacity to make significant gifts, developing strategies to approach those philanthropists, and providing support for contact, follow-up, and donor relations.
● Organizing and improving our donor database and maintaining the database to ensure that donors and prospects are entered, gifts are recorded, and activities tracked.
● Researching prospective foundation funders, developing strategies to approach those funders, and writing grant proposals accordingly.
● Writing post-grant reports based on information provided by those delivering programs.
● Drafting presentations to support fundraising efforts, with content provided by Courage’s program team.
● Generating acknowledgments and tax receipts on a timely and personalized basis.
● Assist in the coordination of donor gatherings (no galas or large-scale events anticipated).
● Other duties from time to time.
We hope the chosen candidate will be equipped and ready to work remotely, so we are interested in identifying the best professional regardless of where they live and work. We expect the candidate to have access to appropriate equipment (computer, phone, printer). Courage will purchase development-related products and services such as the database, a reasonable number of research subscriptions such as GuideStar, and other needs as they arise and at the recommendation of the consultant.