Digital Content Lead
Interested applicants, please reach out to.
data.org is a platform for partnerships to build the field of data science for social impact. We work with organizations from all over the world to increase the use of data science in order to improve the lives of millions of people. We are passionate about reimagining data science, and the outcomes we can achieve by democratizing access to technology.
Our digital product, the website data.org, is a platform for those partnerships. Accordingly, that product requires a robust content strategy, centered on both owned and partner content in formats ranging from text to visualizations to interactive assessment tools. That’s where the Digital Content Lead comes in.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be a key member of a high-performing team accountable for the success of our digital platform. You will be responsible for developing and stewarding a content strategy for the platform, and bring creative ideas for envisioning, creating, and managing the development of content. This is a purpose-led organization: you’ll be focused on content that defines and illustrates the role of harnessing data science to improve people’s lives all over the world. Specifically, you’ll be highlighting the data science opportunity to solve societal challenges in areas like health access, climate change, social justice, and financial inclusion. The data.org team works alongside some of the world’s leading experts in social impact organizations, philanthropy, technology, and academia who are applying data science approaches to these challenges. The Digital Content lead will play a vital role in developing the concepts, stories, and visualizations that bring innovative ideas and partnership opportunities to a global online audience.
The Digital Content Lead will be a creative problem-solver, working within the framework of the overall Product strategy, and in alignment with Marketing goals. You’ll work closely with the Communications Manager, who is responsible for driving traffic to the platform, collaborating on consistent social content, and digital support for events and lead generation.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $115,000 annually and includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Own content strategy from idea generation through execution and measurement
- Lead the tactical content management of the website, including content creation and sourcing through partnerships
- As part of Marketing, define and deliver content appropriate for core audiences including Social Impact Organization professionals, philanthropy, technology partners, and the data science for social impact (DSSI) community
- Prioritize content development in order to achieve organizational goals
- Identify user needs, build mechanisms for gathering user feedback, and ensure insights guide product decisions
- Develop operational efficiency including documenting, simplifying, and optimizing relevant user flows
- Refine and report on KPIs and metrics of success critical to evolving the platform content
- Report updates on content performance, including traffic, conversion, and referral; proactively identify opportunities to optimize and improve
- Develop and communicate a testing strategy
- Regularly contribute to reporting and discussion
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strategic mindset paired with strong execution skills
- 7+ years of content creation and content management for websites or digital products, with demonstrated increasing scope of responsibility
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to engage in creative brainstorming to deliver new content types
- Fluency in WordPress, and experience working with content blocks and modules
- Ability to create visual content, and to work closely with creative agencies on the development of audio, video, and interactive content types
- Strong grasp of content life cycle, from concept to design, development, optimization, and maintenance
- Experience working with keyword optimization and SEO
- Hands-on content analytics experience, including KPI definition and ongoing measurement.
- Experience setting up and analyzing A/B tests and user feedback
- Motivation to work in startup environment, balancing the need of the product with the need to shift and evolve as the organization develops
- Fundamental project management skills and competency
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to engage at the level of sophistication expected by our partners, while retaining the flexibility required of a startup
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop trusted relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate about constant improvement and designing high-quality user experiences
- Data and results orientation: uses facts and analytics to drive decisions
- Demonstrated work ethic, and ability to self-manage within a geographically distributed team
- Experience working with purpose-driven organizations
data.org is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.