- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable platform
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope, requirements, and the architecture of our AWS hosted service
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Discuss and defend architecture decisions with team of other architects
- Mentor other team members and help them self-service their deployments on new features
- Participate as the highest escalation point in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, IAM, EKS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring; experience implementing best practices
- Extensive experience using CI-CD tools(git, Docker, Jenkins)
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and surrounding technologies: Nginx Ingress, Istio, Calico, Helm
- Experience with micro services or service-oriented architecture
- Experience managing and maintaining Tomcat web applications
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of MySQL and non-SQL data stores
- Highly proficient in Linux/Unix, Shell and Python
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- 5 or more years of experience in Git, Jenkins
- 4 or more years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- 5 or more years of experience supporting industry standard core CI-CD infrastructure components: Nexus/Artifactory, Code Coverage tools, Security tools etc
- 5 or more years of experience with logging infrastructure such as ELK/EKC, SumoLogic, Splunk, LogStash.
- 5 or more years of experience with automation frameworks such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- 5 or more years of experience implementing systems within a complex secure network in AWS Cloud and various communiocation methods
- 5 or more years of experience Automation/DevOps experience
- 7 or more years of experience with Python, Perl, Shell, UNIX/LINUX experience
- 3 or more years of experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, Pagerduty
- Extensive experience with at least one programming language such as Python, Go or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.