Looking for Dynamic Education Outreach Coordinator in CT
Impact Teen Drivers is seeking a dynamic Connecticut-based Education Outreach Coordinator (EOC) to join our team and expand Impact Teen Drivers’ presence in the state of Connecticut. A leader in traffic safety education across the country, Impact Teen Drivers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that develops, promotes, and facilitates evidence-based education to stop the number one killer of teens—car crashes, particularly those caused by reckless and distracted driving. We seek to change the culture of driving to one that is distraction-free—thereby saving lives not only in this generation, but in all future generations.
The Connecticut EOC will assist Impact Teen Drivers in connecting with teen safe driving champions across the state. From health teachers and public health professionals to first responders and school resource officers, the EOC will create strategies to build relationships with individuals who have access to teen and parent audiences. To be successful in this position, you must be a strong team player and be able to work independently. Ultimately, we are looking for a professional person with the highest level of integrity, someone who shares our passion to address the serious public health crisis of reckless and distracted driving, and who wants a stable position with an organization that considers its team members its greatest asset.
• Represent Impact Teen Drivers in the state of Connecticut
• Master the facilitation of all of Impact Teen Drivers’ evidence-based curricula to be presented via webinar or in-person to teens, parents, and teen influencers
• Present to diverse audiences in classroom, school assembly, and community event settings
• Build strong collaborative relationships with Connecticut first responders, health professionals, educators, and others in order to advance Impact Teen Drivers’ community presence
• Explore new ways to identify and engage potential partners in the Connecticut area
• Create shareable content appropriate for specific social networks and target audiences to advance the Impact Teen Drivers mission
• Stay up to date with digital marketing trends to keep Impact Teen Drivers’ social media and newsletter content relevant
• Facilitate Train the Trainers presentations for first responders, educators, and health professionals to empower them to present Impact Teen Drivers’ programs in their own communities
• Schedule at least 8 teen safe driving presentations (virtual or in-person) or community events per month
• Represent Impact Teen Drivers through community outreach and tabling events and 1:1 education at community outreach events
• Manage the planning, tracking, and evaluation of all scheduled presentations
• Serve on relevant coalitions and committees specific to Connecticut
Qualifications and Expectations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with small and large group facilitation
• Experience working with teens and teen influencers in an education setting
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required
• Reliable transportation required with clean driving record
• Travel throughout Connecticut is required
• Experience in community outreach or marketing is strongly preferred
• Location of the position is flexible within Connecticut
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Teams is beneficial
The salary starts at $30/hour. Health, retirement, and life benefits included.
If you have a passion for serving others and are self-reliant and results-oriented, please forward your resume and submit it with a cover letter that includes your responses to the following questions:
1. Why are you applying for an Education Outreach Coordinator position with Impact Teen Drivers?
2. Once you have been properly trained and prepared, how do you feel about working independently?
3. Describe how you organize and manage your workflow in a dynamic environment?