Overview: VirtualAPT is looking for a bright and capable Marketing Copywriter Intern who is organized and hardworking. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and help develop both internal and external marketing and sales communications for a mixture of digital and traditional print initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful, passionate writer who has a gift for storytelling and positioning. There is a company-wide focus on energy efficiency both from using our technology and showcasing the benefits of energy savings, consistent with the goals of The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Compensation: Starting internship rate is $17/hour.
· A NY State resident attending or having attended (last 12 months) any college/university (regardless of its location) or an out-of-state student attending or having attended (last 12 months) a college/university located in NY state
· Meet NYSERDA requirements. *You will be working from home.
Sample Responsibilities and Duties:
· Help formulate content strategies and assist with campaign copy for emails, landing pages, social media promotions, as well as marketing assets — including, but not limited to white papers, blogs, infographics, investment decks, sales collateral, and press releases — to increase awareness and demand for our virtual tour and conferencing solutions
· Harness your creativity and conversion copywriting skills to develop and publish timely, relevant content to inform, educate, and engage targeted audiences
· Work closely with our sales teams to ensure consistent messaging is delivered across all delivery channels
· Collaborate with internal teams to produce high-quality branded content (including promotional videos).
Expected Qualifications, Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
· High level of professionalism required
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent attention to detail, reliable, hard-working, strong sense of teamwork, ability to multitask, highly independent
· Experience working with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
· Exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as written and verbal communication
· Punctual, eager to learn and grow, amicable and collaborative
· A portfolio of creative written materials that shows relevant marketing experience and creative acumen.
· Experience in copywriting, editing and knowledge of digital and traditional marketing initiatives.
If you feel like you are a good fit, please include a resume and cover letter, and tell us a little about yourself and why you think you would be a great addition to our team!
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location