oin us in our mission to strengthen the hope and resilience of our diverse community members by improving their health and well-being.
The Housing Advocate provides client-defined, culturally responsive advocacy to survivors of domestic violence, with the goal of helping survivors achieve safe and stable permanent housing. Other duties include providing hotline and safechatsv coverages, performing multilingual community education to reach out to potential clients and raise awareness of domestic violence and housing issues; attending collaborative meetings and building relationships with community partners; and collecting data and compiling reports for funders.
- Works with survivors to assess housing needs and develop plans to access supportive services and increase economic self-sufficiency.
- Knowledge of Housing Resources in the area.
- Provides ongoing peer counseling for survivors and their families.
- Works with diverse communities, service providers, and landlords about gender-based violence, impacts on housing, housing rights and services for survivors.
- Submits monthly reports to funders and responds to funder requests in a timely manner.
- BA/BS in social work, behavioral sciences, other related fields or equivalent experience.
- One year of professional experience in the field of gender-based violence, and one year of experience in a professional office environment, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent and able to provide all services in an Asian language preferred.
- Excellent customer service and client services philosophy in all interactions.
- Dedication to Cultural Sensitivity
- Able to work in a flexible environment including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Preferred if completion of 40 hour Domestic Violence-Sexual Assault training offered through authorized provider.
Apply now and join a great team of caring people: