Remote Marketing and Communications Internships
Around the global, marketing can take on analytical and business roles of planning budgets, ad spends, forecasting return on investment and more as well as the creative side of advertising, social media, campaign management and more. Both focuses are delivered through specific departments across industries or in specific marketing agencies or consultancies. Supporting marketing as a virtual intern is so much more than delivering a social media campaign and can include research and analysis, design and creativity, content development, and project management.
Think about how many advertisements you come across in your day to day life - including channels like
TV, radio, podcasts, and physical ads all around your town. This last area is greatly enhanced if you live in a city, where advertisements can be found on billboards, trains, buses, benches, in windows - you name it! In fact some cities like New York City and Tokyo have built their “image” off of the vast array of public advertisements in their metro areas. Any company that wants to sell a good or service has to find creative and intriguing ways to market it, and major corporations are more than willing to spend millions and, in some cases billions, on top-notch ad campaigns, market research, and creative teams. Those interested in getting their feet wet in the vast industries of creative marketing, advertising, SEO, and brand awareness will find great opportunity with Virtual Internships. Our host companies seek to market everything from wellness supplements, to makeup, to electric cars, to KPop concerts, to cultural tours, and so much more!
- Support a UK based recruitment agency to work closely with the UK Country Manager to design sales pitches, such as videos, for the purpose of stakeholders’ engagement; Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, in the UK, Spain and Italy.
- Support a US based tech manufacturing company to create and manage digital input for social media platforms and monitor/report on engagement on a weekly basis; Create new case studies and marketing materials and presentations
- Account Management
- Brand awareness
- Business Proposal Support
- Buyer/User Needs
- Content Creation
- Copywriting - Website, Blog, Marketing
- Creating SWOT analysis
- Customer Segmentation
- Digital Marketing - Adwords, SEO, E-mail
- Exposure to CRM systems
- Market Research for Increased Sales
- Marketing Campaign Management
- Paid vs Organic Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
Remote internships are internships that are done completely online or remotely, from the comfort of your own home. You are placed with a company, and have a supervisor that you report to. You are in regular contact with the supervisor/team via virtual methods such as video call, phone call, email and instant messenger. Companies exist both domestically and internationally, with placements spanning over 3500 different companies across 70 countries.
Virtual Internships guarantees a placement for all students accepted into our program. Review the Linear Placement Process to learn more.
Working with a Provider
As Virtual Internships is a provider, we work to not only provide you a guaranteed internship that meets your skills and interests, but provide scaffolding and support including, weekly discussions, online professional development curriculum, and coaching calls to support your post-program employment. Applying to our program means that if accepted you are guaranteed an internship in the Career Field (we have 18 to choose from) of your choice, and aligned to your university’s dates and requirements.
- We have a start date every other week!
- Interns can select to work 10, 20 or 30 hours a week
- Interns can work a minimum of 4 weeks or a maximum of 16 weeks.
This Is An Unpaid Experience But Offers a Full Time Work Experience With a Global Established Company As Well As Additional Support To Include
- Guaranteed Virtual International Internship in the country or career field of choice
- Dedicated Program Experience Manager to check-in weekly with interns
- Assigned Internship Coach to complete midpoint and end of program coaching calls with delivery of Global Career Management Plan (GCMP) and Global Employability Certificate
- Access to CareerBridge, our Global Internship Curriculum walking students through resume creation, interview prep, time management, remote work and more.
- Weekly Group Discussions or Business Webinars covering a range of topical themes