Chief Information Security Officer
Tessian protects every business’s mission by ?
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and London.
Information Security at Tessian ?
We're looking for a CISO to drive and evangelise security at Tessian.
We believe security should work for everyone, with teams empowered and enabled to make – and want to make - good security decisions. We're looking for a thought leader and exceptional security expert to both set, implement, and promote our strategy.
Reporting to our CFO, you'll have a Head of Information Security and a Threat Intelligence Analyst on your team, and your combined mission will be to make Tessian not only a world-recognised security company, but a company world-recognised for doing security right.
You'll set strategy, and prioritise our focus so that every action is as impactful and efficient as possible, whilst being aligned to our need for agility, and our drive to automate as much as humanly possible!
We believe what we're building is truly revolutionary, and will change the world of security forever. We look forward to working with you, to drive, and to articulate, our security position and point of view.
For total transparency, we're hiring one headcount but have a few job descriptions open as we're open to this role being based in either the UK or US.
Some things you'll be involved in include:
- Making Tessian's security a world-leading benchmark
- Setting, driving, and aligning our security strategy - including getting hands-on where needs be
- Gaining buy-in and arranging resources to ensure the strategy is executed in the best possible way
- Working closely with our teams - both technical and non - to deliver the best possible product whilst meeting legal, regulatory, and customer expectations
- Leading us through any and all security challenges, old and new
- Working with our marketing team & threat intelligence analyst to develop thought leadership, evangelise, and bring the Tessian view of security to the widest possible audience.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a track record in a InfoSec leadership, and a technical background
- Loves a fast pace & a lot to do!
- Can both zoom out to set the vision, but also...
- ...Has the deep technical knowledge, to be able to dive in and get into the details of whatever challenge we're trying to solve
- Measures success in outcomes, not by inputs, nor by the size of their team
- Can work in a multi-OS (MacOS, Windows, Linux) environment
- Communicates brilliantly, and can build alignment amongst our most senior stakeholders
- Will own, and feel absolute ownership for every aspect of security
- Is deeply engaged in the security community
- Has a growth mindset and willingness to learn and explore, seeking the best outcomes, even if it means doing something new & uncomfortable
- Is comfortable with an ever-changing landscape
- Is dedicated to security, but knows ‘process’ isn’t always the answer
- Believes the job is never finished but..
- Doesn’t hold back from shipping something better, fast, & often
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!) - Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program - Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London - : Do your best work, in the way that works best for you- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!) - Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5% - We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life - High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones - If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System... - Every other Wednesday we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks - - Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement .
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
By submitting your application to Tessian, you consent to Tessian retaining your information and contacting you about future job opportunities, that may be of interest, for up to 2 years in accordance with our
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering working practices where possible.