One for Democracy Operations Coordinator
is a coalition of philanthropists, business leaders, and foundations pledging 1% of their assets towards strengthening our democracy. O4D works to strengthen the infrastructure needed for our democracy, and ultimately our communities, to thrive. We do this by challenging donors to make a pledge to give 1% or more of their wealth to support democracy work each year, a major increase over traditional levels of democracy giving especially in off-election years. We can’t build strong foundations for democracy only months before an election. A strong democracy needs sustained investment year-over-year, and now is the time to start. We leverage our networks, the networks of our pledge signers, and build creative campaigns to recruit, engage, and support a new cohort of donors committed to building the infrastructure of democracy. In the last election cycle, One for Democracy inspired over $70M in new commitments and over 130 pledge signers.
The Operations Coordinator will enable the effective workings of the organization across administrative and operational functions including CRM assistance, information management and IT support, as well as event planning and execution and group management support. This role works closely with senior staff and serves as an executive assistant to the team. The Operations Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the creation of operational infrastructure for a growing purpose-driven organization.
The Operations Coordinator serves as team lead for O4D’s CRM - Affinity. While a specific expertise in Affinity is not required (it is a newer platform), a high degree of comfort with database-driven CRMs is highly preferred. Programs similar to Affinity include Airtable, Salesforce, Bloomerang, Hubspot, etc. Individuals that are highly skilled at Excel manipulation and logic will adapt to Affinity easily. CRM work includes co-developing new processes with the team, data maintenance, as well as prompt and accurate processing. The Operations Coordinator will work to create timely donor acknowledgments and reports. Additionally, they are responsible for the success of digital (and eventually in-person) event logistics. This includes organizing email invitations, creating and distributing agendas, and coordinating with staff to publicize the events as needed.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, supportive, solutions-oriented, a self-starter, and comfortable as part of a small fast-paced team. The role is currently remote and post-COVID can either remain remote or be full or part-time from shared offices in New York City.
• Work with Executive Director to support overall operations, governance, reporting, work with O4D’s fiscal sponsor on financial tracking, scheduling, and other needs
• Support the O4D team with tracking of funding and grants management
• Provide CRM support and help build and support pledger engagement, retention and tracking strategy
• Provide information management and administrative support needs of the O4D team
• Lead on event production & logistics (currently a range of online briefings, eventually including in person briefings, cultivation events, and retreats)
• 3+ years of operations assistant or executive assistant experience
• Proven success in collaboratively working with a variety of stakeholders
• Sound judgment and very careful attention to detail
• Efficient and creative problem-solver with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Professional and effective interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working with a robust CRM platform (O4D currently uses a newer CRM called Affinity, experience with any similar CRM and comfort in learning a new platform is expected)
• Experience in working with programs such as Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and video conference platforms and comfortable in learning new technologies
• Proactive and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced work environment
Hiring approach & process
One for Democracy isn’t just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to help build a vibrant democracy that works for all. O4D does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, class, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, incarceration or conviction history, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with initial interviews beginning in early April. If you are interested in the role, please submit a short cover letter explaining your background and why you are excited about the work of One for Democracy and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.