Director of Product, Pentester and Employee Experience
Who We Are
is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
As a Director of Product you will be responsible for leading a team of product managers and ensuring a world class experience for the pentesters and employees of Cobalt.
The pentester and employee experience domains are responsible for the interfaces they respectively have into the Cobalt Platform. Your goal will be to make the pentester experience world class by providing a fantastic onboarding experience, providing lovable tools for our pentesters, and ensuring it’s easy for our pentester community to find, report, and retest vulnerabilities.
From the employee experience perspective, you’ll be tasked with leading our strategy to provide a complete workflow for pentesting that doesn’t require any interaction from Cobalt employees, so they can add higher value to our customers through other activities.
You’ll also be responsible for growing and leading a team of product managers. It will be your responsibility to shepherd your team, ensuring happy and healthy team members and working with them to grow their own careers.
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
What You Would Do
- Ensure the near term roadmap is well defined and within the scope of the broader 3 year product strategy
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small so they are able to be shipped quickly
- Keep relevant strategy pages up to date as our high-level roadmap for the customer experience
- Regularly meet with pentesters and employees in order to evangelize the product roadmap and solicit feedback and inputs from them into the roadmap and strategy
- Ensure that we translate stakeholder demands to features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Author release announcements and blogs for key features and any other exciting product news
- Work closely with your product managers to understand their career ambitions and collaborate with them to create career plans to achieve them
- Maintain a high employee net promoter score by listening, responding, and activating on behalf of your team.
You Must Have
- 5-10 years of work experience in product management
- 3+ years of Application Security experience
- Past experience managing a team
- Strong people management experience in executing cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience
- Experience working with global team members
- Experience working closely with engineering, product design, product marketing, and other stakeholders
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & equity plan
- Flexible time-off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Ongoing mentorship opportunities & management coaching
- Stipends for wellness work-from-home and learning & development
- Paid lunches 3x per week