Who We Are
Founded in 2016, Path Forward is on a mission to empower stay-at-home mothers and other
caregivers to restart their careers. We fulfill our mission by working with employers to launch, implement and expand returnships -- a specific workforce development program geared toward professionals with post-college work experience and a significant gap in their career due to unpaid caregiving. Our program changes the culture of teams and companies to create an environment where returning professionals can thrive. Our goal is for these programs to be ubiquitous in corporate America -- as common as campus recruiting, new grad cohorts and other programs aimed at attracting and retaining early career talent.
We’ve now built returnship programs with more than 80 companies, including top employers like Walmart, Netflix, Audible, Apple, PayPal and SAP. We’ve built a brand that is well-recognized by employers and caregivers alike. We have now graduated more than 550 people and 80% have converted into full-time jobs. (.)
The Development Director will play a key role in the continued growth and expansion of Path Forward by managing all aspects of fundraising, including: donor acquisition and retention, major gifts, foundation giving, corporate giving, community giving, and special events. The ideal candidate will be able to create and oversee management of a multi year development plan, while successfully managing day-to-day tasks related to fundraising and donor stewardship.
What We are Looking For
In 5 years we’ve successfully built an organization that derives a majority of its revenue from earned income, supplemented by charitable gifts mainly from individuals and, more recently, from program alumni. In 2020 we invested in fundraising consultation and implemented a new database system (Bloomerang) and upgraded our donor processing system. Our new Development Director will take our efforts to the next level by shaping and innovating how the organization fundraises, while strengthening its relationships with all of its donors and funders.
This is our first development role and we are looking for someone who can drive growth by creating and implementing a fundraising and donor stewardship plan that aligns with the organization’s vision and strategy. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director & CEO, the Development Director will significantly grow and diversify the organization's fundraising revenue.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is a seasoned fundraiser who has roots in workforce development and gender equity and is passionate about Path Forward’s mission and goals.
We are looking for someone with experience leading and managing multi-tiered successful fundraising campaigns and efforts, including strong experience with individual and institutional fundraising and using digital and online communications tactics in successful fundraising campaigns. Success in this position will require the ability to create portfolio and donor pipeline strategies to establish and meet measurable goals and objectives.
What’s On Your To-Do List
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Board and others:
- Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive multi-year development plans and budgets to establish and meet annual goals.
- Significantly expand the organization’s prospecting efforts to identify new funders, including major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Grow the organization’s individual donor base, including monthly donors, and strengthen the organization’s major gifts program by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of existing major donors, as well as identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospective major donors throughout the year.
- Coordinate and support Executive Director, Board Directors, and staff in fundraising efforts, including working with our program team to develop our alumni giving program; recruit and supervise relevant vendors, consultants, and volunteers.
- Research, develop, submit, track and steward proposals for foundation prospects with a long-term relationship approach; ensure timely submission of reports; coordinate meetings and ongoing communication with institutional prospects and donors.
- Develop and manage fundraising campaigns, including crowdfunding, email, prospecting and other tactics to expand Path Forward’s base of individual donors.
- Oversee coordination and implementation of special events, that may, over time, include galas, house parties and other related activities.
- Create metrics and reports to evaluate the effectiveness of our fundraising program and to increase productivity from year-to-year. Oversee a strong and consistent acknowledgement system to ensure that donors are recognized in a timely manner for their support.
- Oversee and manage systems and processes for effective identification, tracking, and engagement with donors and prospects, including prospecting, data management, acknowledgments, and ongoing communication with individual prospects, donors, institutional funders and other key partners, including others responsible and/or engaged in fundraising efforts. Manage all aspects of our growing donor and prospect database (Bloomerang).
Path Forward is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.