Senior Innovation Manager
Commonwealth strengthens the financial opportunity and security of financially vulnerable people by discovering ideas, piloting solutions, and driving innovations to scale. For nearly two decades, Commonwealth has designed effective innovations, products, and policies enabling over a million people to accumulate more than $3 billion in savings.
Commonwealth understands broad changes requires market players to act. That’s why we collaborate with consumers, the financial services industry, employers, policymakers and mission-driven organizations. The solutions we build are grounded in real life, based on our deep understanding of people who are financially vulnerable and how businesses can best serve them. To learn more about the organization, please visit
Diversity of background and perspective are strengths that we value. We are committed to creating a diverse, committed, skilled and collaborative environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Commonwealth recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses.
The Senior Innovation Manager (SIM) plays a leadership role on Commonwealth’s Accelerator team in helping scale innovative solutions to support financially vulnerable people in building financial security and opportunity. In this position you will join a dynamic team that is focused on working with the private sector to improve the financial security of lower income people. This position is perfect for you if you have 7+ years of experience, you are mission driven and have experience working with private sector partners. Bringing exceptional people and project management skills, the SIM will oversee multiple initiatives and support a high-performing small team that is passionate about having a positive and scalable impact.
· Directly supervise 1-2 staff, including responsibility for performance management, coaching, career development, and professional growth
· Manage multiple complex projects ensuring that they are executed on time and meet stated outcomes
· Develop and manage strategic relationships with partners including financial services firms, employers, and fintechs
· Write business communications to share Commonwealth’s work with diverse stakeholders
· Develop the business case for solutions developed by Commonwealth
· Creatively problem-solve and collaborate with a small, results-oriented team to effectively execute projects.
· Share insights and findings with industry players, funders, policy makers, and the public sector through thought pieces and publications.
· Represent Commonwealth at meetings and events with the ability to effectively engage diverse audiences, including public officials, policy makers, employers, financial service industry leaders, researchers and community advocates.
· As an organization leader, work with a cross-functional team to contribute positively to organization-wide strategy and goals
· Contribute to a positive organizational culture through consistent high energy, appetite for learning, and eagerness to support colleagues
· 7+ years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility
· Demonstrated experience supervising paid staff or interns including the creation of professional development plans preferred.
· Exceptional project management experience, with the ability to manage various complex projects concurrently, with a high degree of organization, attention to detail and flexibility.
· Experience developing pitch decks for innovative financial products.
· Knowledge of financial services, asset building and/or employer-offered benefits, preferred.
· Knowledge of the financial challenges faced by lower income households preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in collaboration with others.
· Strong relationship building experience across a wide range of diverse external constituencies.
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
· Passionate about the mission of Commonwealth and driving social change through promoting financial security and opportunity.
Apply online atThis position is open immediately. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls.
Commonwealth offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Commonwealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.