Customer Experience Manager
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 75 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
The Customer Experience (CX) Team ensures Calm provides timely and high-quality support for our users. We are constantly improving current CX team procedures and develop new processes in order to increase team productivity and customer happiness.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized leader to join our Customer Experience (CX) team. This role manages our Subscription group within CX to ensure success in their day-to-day work providing support for subscription and partnership inquiries. You will work closely with other CX leaders, as well as our Calm for Business, Marketing, and other cross functional teams across the company, to ensure alignment and meet business objectives.
- Manage staffing and scheduling for their section of the CX department, including on-call rotations, hiring, and ensuring ticket coverage
- Develop and implement onboarding, training, and ongoing skills growth programs for team members
- Foster a positive, balanced working environment that gets team members excited about their work and mitigates risk of burnout
- Directly manage a team of leads and specialists to address customer queries, collect and track feedback, and develop internal and external resource materials
- Manage ticket QA and ticket escalation processes to ensure effective handling of complex customer problems
- Leverage knowledge of CX industry standards and best practices to manage current systems, as well as explore new tools and channels to meet business needs
- Maintain and build upon existing CX team forecasting models to plan for peak business periods and identify cost optimizations
- Collaborate with other teams in Calm’s fast-paced environment as a representative of the CX team
- Deliver performance trends, insights, and key learnings to stakeholders
- Prioritize and delegate CX team tasks based on current business objectives
- Minimum 4 years of experience in customer service with a minimum of 2 years managing a customer service team that uses ticketing software (e.g., Zendesk). Tech industry and startup environments preferred
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication with exemplary documentation skills
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with an ability to manage and resolve conflict with ease
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment; knows when to delegate
- Experience onboarding and/or managing BPOs
- Enjoys autonomous work: always ready to tackle the next thing on the to-do list, and will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail; can own and manage a project end-to-end with an ability to constantly prioritize
- Proactive about offering feedback and advocating for improvements
- High aptitude for using data to gather insights and make informed decisions
- You’re a leader – someone who inspires, motivates and coaches the team and energizes the company
- This role requires eligibility to work in the United States
- Experience supporting a mobile app and/or subscription-based product
- Familiarity with the tools we currently use: Zendesk, Stripe, Atlassian Suite, Braintree
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.