TNTP seeks a full-time Finance Associate to join for TNTP’s Central Operations division. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. and is available immediately. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning. For more info on life at TNTP:
Staff on TNTP's Central Operations team are at the center of the organization. We span a variety of expertise areas including Finance, Technology, Legal, Organizational Learning, and Human Resources, but all of our work is to ensure that staff across the organization have what they need to support students, schools, and communities across the country.
What You’ll Do
The Finance Associate is responsible for providing high-quality customer service to TNTP staff and maintaining Finance records. The Finance Associate works most closely with the Financial Reporting and Operations team, though may support staff and complete projects across the Finance Department. The role offers strong candidates the opportunity to grow their skills within a central team at TNTP and develop toward their long-term professional goals within the organization. Specifically, the Finance Associate’s duties will include some of the following related to the accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury functions:
Ensure effective accounts payable and expense report processing:
- Enter invoice details, following quality control processes to ensure accuracy
- Deposit and track client and funder payments
- Cut checks as needed and import check detail into TNTP’s financial accounting system
- Process monthly expense reports
- Ensure expenses are in compliance with grant and tax regulations
Ensure effective client and tuition accounts receivable processing:
- Prepare client flat rate invoices
- Maintain and monitor client receivables
- Manage transfer of receivables to collection agency
- Record revenues and collection fees
- Create contracts and billing schedules within Workday
Ensure effective cash management:
- Act as back-up to record bank activity
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
Communicate with TNTP staff and provide strong staff and Finance Department resources:
- Respond to email inquiries regarding accounts payable, including expense reports or accounts receivable
- Prepare organization-wide communications for expense reports
- Maintain internal policy manual
- Maintain and follow-up on the Finance internal issue-tracking tool, JIRA
- Assist with Workday Finance training
Support annual & monthly processes:
- Enter recurring journal entries and prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare month-end close allocations on both revenue and expenses
- Assist with annual 1099 processing, charitable filings, and state registrations
- Provide support for annual financial statement audit
- Assist with quarterly and monthly reporting, including revenue, expense and/or cash flow analyses
Support and engage in a strong department:
- Proactively identify efficiencies and process improvements, working with colleagues where applicable
- Work with the Finance Management Team on other projects across the department as necessary
- Support the Finance team by cross-training on other tasks as needed
- College degree minimum Associate, with a concentration in Finance/Accounting, preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of accounting experience, preferred.
- Experience with Workday, preferred.