Position: Relationship Manager
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Reports To: Senior Relationship Manager
ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND: Founded in 1992, ASAS provides free comprehensive after-school programs and support services year-round for students and their families. ASAS serves approximately 80,000 PreK-12th grade students and their families annually in high-poverty communities through 19 active affiliate chapters with established partnerships at 468 elementary, middle, and high schools in 60 cities across the continental United States and Hawaii. Our vision is for our All-Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: After-School All-Stars is seeking a mission-focused Relationship Manager to be part of its national Development team. This is a dynamic role, with opportunity for exposure in fundraising with funding partners in sports, entertainment, as well as cause marketing. This is the ideal position for a fundraising professional seeking career development in a fast-paced and exciting work environment that will require a diverse array of skills. The successful candidate will be able to support a wide range of development functions and would enjoy working in a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial organization.
Relationship Management & Volunteer Engagement
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation relationships focused on year-round engagement through development and implementation of engagement plans for top accounts.
- Ensure timely submission of all funder deliverables in collaboration with Development, Finance, and Programs & Evaluations teams including renewal applications and reports.
- Track and manage delivery of any agreed upon corporate sponsorship benefits such as visibility and employee volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate impactful volunteer engagement for corporate partner employees to deepen relationships and support local chapters.
New Business & External Visibility
- Cultivate and manage relationships with new funders to secure 2 – 4 new gifts yearly.
- Develop competitive corporate and foundation proposals to secure new funding, in collaboration with Development, Programs & Evaluation teams.
- Collaborate with VP of Development and Senior Relationship Manager to identify external visibility opportunities and plan funder engagement events.
- Develop briefing materials for ASAS leadership new business efforts.
Prospect Research & Pipeline Cultivation
- Lead prospecting efforts to identify new corporate and foundation funding opportunities, including conducting extensive research on each prospect to determine alignment with organizational priorities.
- Collaborate with Development team to maintain and manage a robust pipeline of new funding opportunities.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit development, sales, or another relevant role
- Demonstrated success closing deals of $25K or above
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills (writing samples required)
- Outstanding oral communication skills
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and manage deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Passionate and committed about ASAS’ mission
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required, higher degree preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 18 days of paid time off, and 15 paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing samples in PDF format via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please put "Relationship Manager" and your last name in the subject heading.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ALL-STARS: To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org