The Leadership Academy is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear mission: We build the capacity of educational leaders, at every level of the system, to confront inequities and create the conditions necessary for all students to thrive. We support school and district leaders in using an equity lens to implement a vision, build strong school and district culture, set clear and high expectations, and develop and lead principals and teachers who ensure high-quality instruction and the opportunity for all students to be successful. For us, equity means that children and adults should receive what they each need to achieve their potential, and their race, culture and other characteristics of their identity should not prevent access to opportunities and resources.
Our leadership development, coaching, and support build the capacity of individuals and systems, helping prevent leader turnover and create a bench of strong leaders. Since 2003, The Leadership Academy has worked with thousands of leaders in more than 200 school systems across 37 states, Washington, D.C., and two countries.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded professional who is inspired by and committed to our mission and is excited about joining a dynamic, growing organization. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and will play a key role in helping The Leadership Academy (TLA) expand its impact across the country. Specifically, we are looking for a talented individual who will support the continued growth of our national consulting business by helping to execute our business development strategy. Reportingto the AVP of Strategic Partnerships and Communications, the proposal writer will draft proposals, cultivate prospective clients, coordinate and support responses for small, large and occasionally complex proposals by partnering with The Leadership Academy’s internal team.
This person will also have the opportunity to contribute to the overall efforts of the Strategic Partnerships and Communications team whose responsibilities include business development, marketing, and communications. . They thrive in a collaborative work environment, possess a strong commitment to educational equity and professional growth and are ready, willing and able to engage in dialogue about race to raise organizational awareness and support the building of an equitable culture internally and externally.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop educational sales proposals that reflect our understanding of client needs and context
· Create messaging that differentiates our propostion and provides our team’s best thinking on meeting client needs
· Develop content and synthesize research that support clear and succinct messaging
· Work closely with the AVP of Strategic Partnerships and Communications to build and nurture relationships with people and organizations that express interest in our services and resources as well as key issues/topics.
· Update, analyze, and report on prospect and customer data using our customer relationship management system, Salesforce.
· Conduct market and industry research.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of three years of successful proposal writing experience, preferably in the education space
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Familiarity with the organization and operation of school districts
· Outstanding time management and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and manage multiple complex work streams simultaneously with little oversight
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as an effective team member
· Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to completion
· Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and meet targeted deadlines within short timeframes
· Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM system (or demonstrated ability to learn similar system)
· Fluency in key Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Salary & Benefits:
This is a Full-time remote eligible position. The Leadership Academy offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits including a generous paid time off package and a fully employer funded health/dental/vision plans.
The Leadership Academy is conveniently located in Long Island City, Queens. Long Island City is located only minutes outside of Manhattan and is easily accessible via seven subway lines (7, E, G, & M), the Long Island Rail Road, numerous bus lines and a ferry landing at Queens West providing service to Midtown, Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume, cover letter with salary requirements and all other applicable information towith (job title (candidate name)) in the subject line.
We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job and that candidate might come from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
The Leadership Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that diversity within our staff contributes to our team’s effectiveness to our overall succI am looking for descriptors to characterize the types of proposals they will be working on.