Communications and Member Engagement Specialist
Title: Communications and Member Engagement Specialist
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manager, Programs & Stakeholder Engagement
Position Summary: The Communications and Member Engagement Specialist is responsible for coordinating CBA’s internal and external communications strategy and ensuring that the organization’s resources are put to their most productive use. The position is part of CBA’s Member and Stakeholder Relations team and is responsible for executing day-to-day communications, event coordination, and supporting and increasing engagement with new and existing CBA Community Members.
- Communications (50%)
- Hone and implement CBA’s communications strategy by:
- Assisting with creation of high-quality written materials;
- Improving content and functionality of external communications channels;
- Executing social media plan and regular posting schedule to maximize engagement;
- Managing CBA’s contact database for external communications; and
- Posting content on CBA websites.
- Execute communications for special events, campaigns, and promotions. This includes for in-person and virtual-based trainings, conference presentations, exhibit booths, Hill briefings, CBA Credit Building Symposium via electronic communication channels such as the CBA website, newsletter, Form Assembly/survey tools, E-blasts, webinars, and social media.
- Develop (as needed) and oversee the deployment of standardized documents to improve internal and external communication efficiencies:
- Communication tools (style guide, website manual, etc.);
- Messaging guide to communicate the value of CBA services;
- Templates for automated messaging across CBA platforms; and
- Staff flow chart for reviewing documents.
- Measure and improve external communications channel messaging, distribution, and impact, in collaboration with the Data and Technology Senior Specialist.
- Support CBA Team on additional communication projects as needed.
- Member Engagement Support (30%)
- Support CBA’s Member Relations strategy through communications with current and prospective members, and engagement activities including:
- Responding to inquiries about CBA services;
- Delivering CBA info sessions and other CBA orientations and outreach presentations;
- Executing member engagement campaigns and related training/presentations; and
- Tracking member communications, info request and annual profile updates
- Event Coordination (15%)
- Manage CBA event coordination, planning, and logistics as needed, including virtual events, conferences, Hill events, and CBA’s Annual Credit Building Symposium.
- Other duties as necessary (5%)
- Support strategic initiatives to promote CBA “brand” with members and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- At least 2-5 years of relevant communications and outreach/relationship management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with public-speaking and training, especially in a virtual environment.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Organization skills that yield ability to track high volume of communications.
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment, multitasking, and large amounts of data or information.
- Demonstrated comfort with email marketing platforms (i.e., MailChimp)
- Passion for CBA’s mission, with a commitment to helping community development organizations open doors for low-income individuals to build credit and gain improved financial access.
- Travel required (approx. 20% domestic as feasible).
- Experience in financial asset building/financial services/financial capability or related field
- Exposure to credit building, credit-related education, and direct service.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator specifically) a plus.
- Experience with event management software (i.e., Eventbrite, Cvent).
- Previous experience learning complex rules and manuals a plus.
- Basic web development knowledge (WordPress or other) is desired.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
Location: CBA is headquartered in Washington, DC, but has remote staff located across the country including in Oregon, Colorado, Illinois, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Due to the pandemic, all staff are currently working remotely. Due to the nature of the work, we prefer applicants based in the Washington, DC metro area, however, we may be flexible.
Salary & Benefits:
Total Compensation Salary: $45,000 – $55,000.
CBA offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement savings-plan with employer match, and generous paid time off and holiday policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CBA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity and lived experiences of our community and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction.
How to Apply: For full consideration, candidates should provide a resume and cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications described above and submitted by email to. Please include the job title " Communications and Member Engagement Specialist " in the subject of your email. We will begin reviewing applications by April 20, 2021.
About CBA: CBA is an innovative national nonprofit network dedicated to building the capacity of a diverse and growing network of hundreds of nonprofits (CBA members) across the country that help low- and moderate-income households build strong credit and other financial assets. CBA was created by and for our nonprofit members as a bridge to the modern credit reporting system to help millions of individuals with poor or no credit participate in the mainstream financial system by building credit. Learn more about CBA at www.creditbuildersalliance.org.