Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter- Chattanooga, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Join the Force for Families!
The goal of our Foster Care program is to give children who have suffered trauma & hardship the chance to become part of a loving, nurturing foster family until they and their birth families are ready to be reunified. For children who cannot be reunified with their families, our goal is to help find an adoptive family instead.
Maybe YOU can help…
Are you a people person? Passionate about helping children and families? Combine your customer service and communications skills with the mission of helping children! Youth Villages is looking for someone to recruit, train, and certify foster parents so that our youth in foster care can find the loving home they deserve.
What would my role be?
As a Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter, you would play a crucial role in finding capable foster parents for our children in need of placement and then providing them with the training and support to be successful.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategy for seeking out potential foster parents
- Partner with the community by attending events and building a network of people who share in our desire to help children in need
- Facilitate TN KEY training on weeknights and weekends
- Conduct home studies
- Assist with certification process and ensure compliance standards
- Nontraditional hours, flexibility required
- Daily travel across surrounding counties required
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline is required.
- Experience in marketing/recruiting/community outreach is preferred.
- Experience with training is preferred.
- Experience in foster care recruitment/training is a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to maintain non-traditional hours involving some weeknights and weekends.
- You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance.