Director of Strategic Partnerships
Title: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Reports To: CEO
Full-time exempt position
Position Summary: The Director of Strategic Partnerships, stewards external partnerships. There are currently two distinctly different national partnership groups : ERA Coalition, 130 national partners, with plans to grow to 500 partners, and the newly launched Corporate Equality Roundtable. The unifying goals are to advocate for ratification of the 28th Amendment (ERA) and to implement a lived equality.
The Fund for Women’s Equality (501c3) and its sister organization ERA Coalition (501c4) is seeking to hire a dynamic and experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships to support the ERA Coalition, Corporate Equality Roundtable and other external partners. The main focus is to support, steward and grow the already vibrant national momentum to pass the 28th Amendment and implement equality. We are so close. We are centering the voices of people with disabilities, Black, Native American, women and girls of color transgender and gender-expansive individuals in everything we do—as a matter of justice and because we trust deeply that these are the leaders who are poised to win. The Director of Strategic Partnerships is a key senior position within FFWE/ERA, coordinating with staff across the organization to grow and diversify our partnerships.
Corporate Equality Roundtable:
Building Community Practice, Advocacy, Amplification
· Manage & Coordinate onboarding, briefings and consultations, forums/panels with diverse content experts for conversations with partners
· Manage &Coordinate an annual Equality Strategy Lab to plan and calendar annual goals and results
· Manage & Coordinate partner interviews, blogs and amplification of equality practices making a difference
· Manage & Coordinate and working closely with the DC Director and Communications Director, to create advocacy share kits to promote implementation of the ERA including toolkits following communication guidelines for each partner.
· Assess metrics to determine progress of the ERA Corporate Roundtable
Building Community Practice, Advocacy, Amplification
· Plan and coordinate the process of gaining support from partner and coalition members to sign on to ERA letters, advocacy actions, and lived equality campaigns.
· Plan and implement outreach communications, including coordinating, formatting, and sending letters electronically to Congressional offices and coalition partners.
· Outreach to partners groups and track grant and strategic program deliverables for grants we have received.
· Support our state and national groups by providing partnership information about advocacy strategies and tactics and opportunities to engage in strategic conversations.
· Coordinate with other team members, presenting reports, calendar organization, newsletter development, attending and participating in various internal and external meetings collaboratively.
Responsibilities for all partnerships/groups
· Manage recruitment and onboarding process for potential partner/coalition organizations and roundtable partners
· Coordinate ticketed events, meetings and public forums with our partners
· Ensure amplification of our work to promote thought leadership
· Manage communications with Director of Communications to spotlight our partnerships
· Share research related to implementation progress among partners
· Coordinate annual data on the difference we made by adherence to the Equality code.
· Create and coordinate, working closely with the DC Director the distribution of materials related to advocacy and educational materials
· Coordinate and gather information to assess partner satisfaction, maintain database systems including listservs, slack community, Salsa Labs, survey monkey to support communication to and among partners
· Manage & Coordinate fundraising to grow organizational capacity and partnerships
· Work with the Strategic Partnerships team to manage and track partnership agreements, grants, contracts and deliverables. This includes assisting with the calendar/deliverables, creating contracts, coordinating signature process, etc.
· Schedule meetings, track events to support all ERA /FFWE activities
· Coordinate process of contracts with COO, payments to consultants, vendors
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Enthusiastic and outgoing, not afraid to speak up in a professional and well thought out manner
· Excellent communication skills, writing and editing skills.
· Experience in cultivating, growing and stewarding partnerships
· Experience conducting basic research on a broad range of issues related to racial and gender equity
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple projects and deadlines
· Ability to be creative and welcome diversity of thought in all partnerships
· Ability to take initiative and work independently with only general supervision
· Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
· Extensive understanding of employee support groups; diversity inclusion education and private sector employee learning and knowledge programs
· Passion and commitment to ERA and lived racial and gender equality.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Five-years of related experience in similar positions
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:. Please reference the position in the subject line of your e-mail. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Our offices are located in Manhattan & Washington, D.C., but due to the pandemic, this position is currently remote.