VP of Engineering for Profitable SaaS
- Manage the agile development process, consisting of either scrum or kanban methodologies.
- Identify weaknesses or bottlenecks and present solutions to those problems.
- Leading the hiring process for our growing development team
- Provide task and project estimates, while also keeping track of progress and updating stakeholders.
- Manage and report on the triage process for production support tickets
- Work with design and product manager(s) to give input from a technical standpoint.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
- Multiple years leading an engineering team
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain the approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Django and React.js
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience working with large datasets, 100MM+ records
- Strong experience with current system architectures ensuring scale, high performance, and ability to deploy frequently
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy, and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap