Riverstyx Foundation Executive/Programmatic Assistant
This partly remote*, flexible 30hr/week executive and personal assisting position to the Foundation President will be a key part of the core staff of the organization, and is vital to ensuring the healthy flow and impact of the work. The assistant will support the Foundation President across the full range of his philanthropic and personal engagements. This position is for those who honor the art of executive and personal assisting to leverage transformative change in the world. We are seeking someone who can use their passion for social change, as well as a strong intuitive understanding of time management, interpersonal dynamics, decision-making, and prioritization to support a more effective and integrated team. The position is ideal for those who would revel in a diversity of projects and engagements, enjoy being in a support role, and embrace the importance of reconciling the shadow parts of ourselves and society.
The president of Riverstyx Foundation also runs a therapy practice, conducts qualitative academic research, and manages a busy personal life. This role would support all aspects of the president's engagements.
- Scheduling and time management, email tracking/drafting, overall task prioritization, and general assistance with logistics associated with the foundation and its programs
- Managing key projects and relationships with core partners and grantees, and helping inform decisions about grantee support
- Acting as a liaison between the director, the RiverStyx team, and various personal, home, and foundation contractors and grantees
- Assisting and supporting the director's personal life and work as a psychotherapist with a practice of 10+ clients, the development of a new psychedelic clinic in Santa Cruz, CA., as well as work directing multiple qualitative research studies
- Granting funding requests and managing disbursements, budgeting, and tracking
Experience and professional qualities:
- Previous experience supporting/managing projects, with keen organizing ability, preferably with personal or executive assisting experience.
- Personal integrity, trustworthiness, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
- Strong social justice orientation, and ecological commitment to bettering the world, as well as a genuine interest in psychedelic medicines and the evolution of religion
- Commitment to personal and professional growth, introspection, and clear communication
- Self-motivation and energy: ability to proactively look for inefficiencies and voice recommendations
- Experience working with and helping to manage budgets and finances, ideally in a non-profit setting
- Openness to travel with foundation directors to diverse locations with our indigenous partners
- Enjoys a diversity of work and experience, and able to be flexible in a fast paced and ever changing work environment
- Able to track multiple projects and deadlines, and backup a president who works with frequently changing time-lines
*The Foundation President is based in Santa Cruz, CA but executive assistant may work remotely while being available to meet in person at least 8 days per month. Position allows for great flexibility in schedule, but at times must be available on weekends as the work ebbs and flows. .75FTE is ideal but open for discussion depending on needs of candidate.