Senior Application Security Automation Engineer
The senior application security automation engineer is responsible for assisting team efforts to automate and maintain security software. The Engineer maintains application documentation, provides assistance and trains in tool utilization, and extends the tools into company supported collaboration software. It is expected that the engineer can understand processes and help build tools to automate workflows.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements and functional specifications to recommend additional software features to extend team capabilities.
- Maintain knowledge of best security practices through training, research, and involvement with local IT security groups.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by applying automation and integration techniques to reduce slack time in processes.
- Work with development and QA teams to ensure the use of secure coding practices and verification methods.
- Build robust frameworks capable of being easily extended and are resilient to failure.
- Work with internal DevOps teams and engineers to integrate security solutions into continuous delivery frameworks
- Work to merge changes to/from open-source projects. Advocate for any needed changes within open-source community-based software(s).
- Provide advanced troubleshooting support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Support and maintain application automation and integration with security devices and software.
- Work with team to update application security standards on an annual basis
- Ensure that all applications are using effective security monitoring, and work with the endpoint security team to test configurations.
- Deciding new technologies including: tools, components, and frameworks.
- Mentor and coach team members and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project, task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Provide tier two, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
- Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of application development
- 3+ years of Python development
- Working knowledge of automation tools like Ansible or Terraform
- Experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Preferred certifications:GIAC, Python Coder (GPYC) and/or CISSP
- Familiar with Object-Oriented programming and ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) data structures
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Web Services and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Fundamental understanding how to secure applications
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at .
'Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V