Business Data Analyst
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The Data and Analytics team at Auth0 delivers the tools and technologies that enable our business teams and customers to make data driven decisions. We make data work!
The Auth0 Data and Analytics team is looking for a very experienced, business savvy, articulate and creative Business Data Analyst to help deliver analytic assets (reports, dashboards) as well as one-off analyses, and insights to business partners across the organization. The analyst will also monitor key business metrics, initiate and perform deep dives where required and alert business to challenges and opportunities.
As part of the Business Analytics team, the successful candidate will partner with the Data Warehouse, the Data Science team, the Enterprise Data organization and embedded analytics teams to enable business units to make data driven decisions.
The ideal candidate has to be an intellectually curious perfectionist who thrives on uncovering insights hidden in data, has a consultative mindset and is used to partner with teams across an organization. He/she needs to be an excellent story-teller and easily be able to select and focus on high impact, complex data projects. The candidate will have extensive experience in managing customer expectations, delivering complex, cross departmental analytics projects on time, monitor data accuracy of the data, driving adoption and measuring impact to business.
This is a full-time position that is suitable for work from home.
- Build a repeatable process and deliver analytics assets (reports, dashboards, KPI readouts..) to empower business teams and their leadership with insights and data driven decision making capabilities.
- Proactively identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex and sensitive data. Alert, inform and educate business as needed.
- Monitor and ensure data integrity and security for business data.
- Define best practices and templates for reporting data to business units.
- Improve and advise on data normalization between various data sources.
- Measure and report on KPIs for business.
- Create an intake process for ad hoc report demands.
- Ensure data is set up and accessible for the proper parties.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve team performance and measurement in the future.
- 2+ years of data analysis and knowledge of business statistics.
- 2+ years of experience writing performant SQL queries on large data sets.
- 2+ years of developing scalable reporting solutions/products that are intuitive to use.
- Strong knowledge of Tableau, Looker or similar BI platform.
- Familiarity with cloud-native databases, especially Snowflake.
- Strong business intuition as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex concepts and information to diverse audiences.
- Track record of working independently, with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Comfort working in a globally distributed environment with a remote workforce.
- Experience performing complex analysis including regression, forecasting and probability modeling is a plus.
- BA/BS in quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior experience in a consulting environment is desired.
- #ES; #US; #CA;
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our .
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.