E-commerce Content / Copywriter Associate
About the role:
You will be joining the digital marketing content writing team at an exciting time to collaborate with global e-commerce brands, the head of content writing, and internal account managers to communicate compelling product selling-points and engage audiences to drive conversion across multiple platforms, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for writing and developing high-quality copy (consistent brand voice, clear, concise, grammatically correct) for product listings, including product descriptions, infographics, video scripts, and more for multiple channels including Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
- Work with clients to quickly and thoroughly understand brand messaging and maintain the brand’s messaging and voice within the parameters of the marketplace.
- Work closely with the creative team to proof copy within final designs to ensure it is coherent and error-free.
- Ensure new and existing copy is in line with Amazon and Walmart's style guidelines.
- Research the consumer category and dive into the brand products and brand story to understand product benefits.
- Create enticing copy in both a longer form (high word count) and short format (with limited character counts) depending on the platform requirements.
- Engage and communicate daily with account managers to ensure content needs are met, strategize on projects and to provide recommendations.
- Assign approved copy to internal upload team and maintain master copy library.
- Take before and after screenshots to keep a record of copy improvements made.
- Edit new product content for grammar, style, flow, clarity, and brand voice before it gets to the client for initial review.
- Take a proactive approach to improve existing product copy.
- Work autonomously on content assignments, often with tight deadlines.
- Complete special projects as needed / as requested.
What you bring:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce writing and/or a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for writing and an interest in e-commerce.
- Ability to understand and digest brand / product information across many categories and communicate the key details within the product listing assets.
- Multi-tasker with excellent communication skills with the ability to follow-up and consistently provide updates on progress to clients and internal teams on numerous simultaneous projects.
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
- Desire to learn and grow in the ever-changing digital marketing space.
- Experience with Asana is a plus but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings