The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V Commerce SM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce.
Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 12 offices.
We’re looking for a Copywriter to work from our Chicago office (this is not a remote position, and it requires at least 3 years of previous advertising copywriting experience). This person works closely with their assigned team to provide strategic creative recommendations that align with the client’s brand/retailer objectives and budget.
Please include your portfolio link with your application- resumes without portfolio links will not be considered.
- Collaborate with account and creative teams to develop concepts that meet predetermined objectives and strategies
- Develop an understanding of the Shopper Marketing discipline
- Assist team in creative execution, from initial concepts through production phase
- Engage in new business presentations and spec work for potential clients
- All other duties as assigned by Associate Creative Director
SKILL SETS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or related field
- Proficiency in applicable Mac software programs
- A well-rounded portfolio of conceptual work, with strong writing, editing and grammar skills
- Self-starter personality with enthusiastic, “can do” attitude in accepting work/new challenges
- Effective interpersonal skills, working well across functions
- Conscientious work ethic
- High level of organization, attention to detail and innovation
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.