Sas Platform Administrator & Developer
Location is flexible; Arlington, VA is preferred.
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The SAS CI360 Developer supports all aspects of the SAS CI360 platform related to TNC’s implementation of the Campaign Management module. As the platform administrator, they will play a key role in coordinating/ensuring incident response by using SAS tools and logs to triage and troubleshoot incidents and escalate and coordinate the resolution of the incidents. In this capacity the position must communicate effectively and proactively with IT team members, business users, and SAS technical support to drive resolution of incidents. The position is tier two support for TNC’s SAS CI360 implementation, an enterprise level application that requires high availability and persistent monitoring. They will also responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, and documenting change requests with a high level of coordination with Marketing and Membership business users as well as TNC’s Business Information and Analytics team. The SAS CI360 Developer plays a role in understanding SAS feature development, the SAS product roadmap, and the impacts of platform upgrades. They will coordinate the testing and management the deployment of all configuration changes and code migrations to the CI360 production platform for a release. They will work directly with clients with varying degrees of technical knowledge to guide them in defining their requirements and business questions.
- Support the documentation, testing, and implementation of all SAS CI360 configurations including but not limited to user access, schedule changes, and application configurations.
- Support, maintain and develop SAS Direct Marketing Tasks, SAS Information Maps, Segment Maps, Ad-Hoc Imports, Custom Stored Processes and data exchanges as assigned.
- Provide Tier II support for incident response and resolution to maintain a high degree of availability for the CI360 platform.
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of TNC’s SAS platform’s data architecture, data flow, configurations and system integrations in order to better trouble-shoot and support incident resolution and change requests.
- Coordinate with ETL and data warehouse engineers on data flow changes and data configuration changes in the CI360 platform.
- Analyze business needs and user requirements to contribute to design effective SAS CI360 solutions.
- Respond to quick-turn-around information requests about the platform design as well as the data and system architecture.
- Contribute meaningfully to team initiatives to streamline and optimize processes and practices, and ensure we are fit for purpose.
- Exercise forethought to avoid project issues; work to resolve issues independently or escalate as appropriate.
- Exercise appropriate caution and testing before performing production changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and 3 years of experience in an IT or related field, or equivalent combination.
- Three years of experience with supporting an enterprise system with demonstrated experience in application maintenance and development, troubleshooting, incident response, requirements analysis, and solution design.
- Experience with using, developing and maintaining SAS products and tools. (3 years)
- Experience with SQL and one of the following languages: base SAS, Proc SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, R
- Experience with Linux operating system or Unix based operating systems.
- Experience with relational database models.
- Experience with CI/CD toolsets such as: Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket.
- Experience with PC operating systems, hardware, and office productivity applications.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- SQL or Base SAS Programming certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAS CI360 suite of tools including Engage: Direct, Engage: Email, SAS Data Integration or comparable experience with SAS Campaign Manager and SAS Marketing Automation.
- Experience using SAS Development Technologies such as SAS Macros, Segment Maps, SAS Information Maps, Ad-Hoc Imports and Custom Stored Processes.
- Experience with AWS Web Services - AWS Lambda experience preferred.
- Experience with CRM database and/or non-profit business model.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, communicate and resolve issues that impact an overall implementation effort.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with all levels of staff in a collaborative or advisory role.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of project management concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying levels of technical expertise, including presentation of analytical insights to clients.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills. Results driven.
- Experience with Python preferred.