We’re looking for an experienced Growth Lead to join our team as we work to combine our impactful work in storytelling with sophisticated digital advocacy work to fuel the movement for people and planet. This position will focus specifically on the powerful work of
In this role, you will report to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborate closely with our Editorial, Impact, and Product teams. You will be responsible for using powerful content and effective digital marketing to grow the size and engagement of our audience, and ensure it takes meaningful action in support of people and the planet.
As the team member managing the small team that architects the brand’s powerful social presence and associated audience engagement work, you are an accomplished campaigner and strategist, with a proven ability to manage the people and processes to drive effective growth and digital marketing. Strong candidates are proven managers and collaborators, with demonstrated ability to align people and resources behind a common plan. This role requires project management, strategy development, and people management, all in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Oversee a small team including managers and coordinators with a focus on progressive internal and external growth.
- Create a content strategy that translates across existing and emerging social platforms.
- Design and manage the organization’s social calendar with SL’s manager and coordinator, focused on deepening levels of engagement and growing our audience.
- Have an active hand in other digital communication efforts such as email campaigns, engagement mapping and community management.
- Coordinate closely with our Editorial and Impact teams to ensure the content and calls to action we feature are aligned to our overall strategy and editorial priorities.
- Refine our ladder of engagement for external audiences, and manage new strategic work to deepen and broaden levels of engagement.
- Supervise production of regular analytics reporting on major campaigns and ongoing growth to inform broader team on progress and success.
- Collaborate closely with our partner organization—Only One—the activation platform that drives action from the SeaLegacy ecosystem.
- You are an incredibly effective manager.
- You've been creating marketing and media campaigns for at least 5-7 years. You have extensive experience coordinating content creation, calendar planning, analytics and tracking, and campaign management.
- You bring an innovative mindset to campaign planning.
- You engage with innovations in digital communications and organizing, content development and advertising, and data and targeting. You know how to evolve your playbook over time.
- You’re a talented convener and manager of people.
- You’re adept at managing by influence across team verticals, and at coordinating the work of coalition partners. You know how to support others to achieve excellence, and hold them accountable for results, in a collaborative and supportive way.
- You’re obsessed with the details.
- You know when to choose progress over perfection, but you strive for excellence in every little detail. You always wear a creative hat, but you also love the numbers that help you make more intelligent decisions.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with people who are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence. We're a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in our organization. You bring humor, humility, and kindness to your work.
- You get things done.
- You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.