Team Lead / Principal Software Engineer .Net Core - Workflow Team
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven, Principal Software Engineer based in Belarus or Russia. The candidate has experience with developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software. As Principal Software Engineer, you are also skilled in executing multiple programming languages and techniques across framework, API, and persistence layers by strategically deploying the right tool for the right job to address fast-paced business requirements. You are hands-on and committed to actively engaging with a global, agile delivery team.
- Provides thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership, and industry standards adoption.
- Champion the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits, as we implement and integrate technologies.
- Serve as mentor and coach to teammates and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the business, long term goals and strategy and ensures that designs are aligned.
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any product.
- Sensitive to the balance of performance and cost with the ability to communicate and optimize for the requirements of each.
- Responsible for developing cutting-edge, web-based applications that are deployed as micro frontend and microservices that run on Kubernetes and that emphasize usability, ease of deployment, performance, and scalability.
- Promote knowledge-sharing across product development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Eight (8) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 3 or more years of experience technical mentoring and guiding junior team members.
- Experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as Kubernetes.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and development including REST based APIs.
- Experience with work and optimization SQL and NoSQL data bases.
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with several providers.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Real-World experience architecting and developing SaaS/PaaS applications.
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations by asking the right questions.
- Strong, effective communication skills to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal.
- Excellent business judgment, you know how to prioritize, when to collaborate, and when to seek assistance.
- Very good spoken and written English (B2+)
What we offer:
- A greenfield project – opportunity to learn and use the best technologies and products
- Gain additional experience in building a scalable distributed platform-agnostic product
- Work with AI/ML technologies
- Team of great professionals
- Competitive salary with annual indexation according to region inflation
- Medical insurance for employees and their families
- Sport support (swimming pool, gym)
- English classes